Home Non Cigar Related

Recommend some pipe tobacco...

Been into pipe smoking as long as cigars but never really focused on it until it is cold outside. I have some various blends: aromatic and non- but I know very little in terms of different leaves and how they play a part in ther flavor etc. So, it's cold again and I'm really looking for some English blends that are robust, complex, and/or bold. The training wheels are off but I still need to explore the flavor possibilities. Any thoughts?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    G.L. Pease Classic Collection: Charing Cross is a nice Balkan style blend that I really enjoy, full flavored and satisfying.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just started getting serious about my pipes this winter. I honestly haven't smoked anything outside of aromatics. I have other stuff but just haven't got to them yet. I am hooked on Holiday Spirit from McClelland. The nice thing is most shops will let you bring your pipe in and smoke a bowl to try different things out. Maybe you could try that.
  • True.. My local B&M doesn't have much in the way of pipe tobacco. I'll have to go farther for that. I run on recommendations so thought I'd ask and see what other people are into. I have a few Peterson blends and a dunhill morning pipe and an Ashton aromatic- then a few house blends from various places. Trying to broaden my horizons. I'm also game for any pipe tobacco that anyone is in love with. Just want to try new blends.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I just started getting serious about my pipes this winter. I honestly haven't smoked anything outside of aromatics. I have other stuff but just haven't got to them yet. I am hooked on Holiday Spirit from McClelland. The nice thing is most shops will let you bring your pipe in and smoke a bowl to try different things out. Maybe you could try that.
    Holiday spirit is good, I have a couple tins of that, smoked it a lot during the holiday. I also peterson's holiday blend, that is good stuff right there. If you can find some I really recommend it.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    xIcedGuardianx:
    True.. My local B&M doesn't have much in the way of pipe tobacco. I'll have to go farther for that. I run on recommendations so thought I'd ask and see what other people are into. I have a few Peterson blends and a dunhill morning pipe and an Ashton aromatic- then a few house blends from various places. Trying to broaden my horizons. I'm also game for any pipe tobacco that anyone is in love with. Just want to try new blends.
    Black Maple from some B&M near j03zr or however he spells it lol smoked a few ounces of it absolutely love it in the mornin with coffee or really anytime
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Lane Limited rlp 6 and 1 Q are two of my favorites.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    also check out http://tobaccoreviews.com/ its the puff.com of pipe tobacco.
  • Great! Thanks for input.. Keep it coming...
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    Local B&M has a Vanilla/Black Cavendish that I really like.. good flavor with mild burn..
  • Hayblet:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    True.. My local B&M doesn't have much in the way of pipe tobacco. I'll have to go farther for that. I run on recommendations so thought I'd ask and see what other people are into. I have a few Peterson blends and a dunhill morning pipe and an Ashton aromatic- then a few house blends from various places. Trying to broaden my horizons. I'm also game for any pipe tobacco that anyone is in love with. Just want to try new blends.
    Black Maple from some B&M near j03zr or however he spells it lol smoked a few ounces of it absolutely love it in the mornin with coffee or really anytime
    that sounds delicious.. Where is he located anyway? And Andy, thanks for the review site. I'll check it out.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Captain Black is good; Borkum Riff is pretty good as well (try the cherry)