Home General Discussion

Thinking about getting a new humidor

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
So I got some Christmas money from my parents and I need a new humidor...soo...I found this one. What do you guys think? Link What suggestions do you have about what kind of device to use, beads or Cigar Oasis?

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Get a Gryphon from Mike! :)
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I have that end table Kreig. Be sure to weather strip the electrical plug ins in the back of the table. The drawer and cabinet door let a bit of air exchange happen. If you are in a place where humidity balance is a huge issue (I don't know Georgia that well) you will need to use a super thin weather strip on those as well.

I love the top tray and have pictures of what I did to my humidor if you want them. Also a few pictures of the end table that are not shown on the site. If you want pictures of what it looks like about 60% filled I can send you those as well.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Marker:
    I have that end table Kreig. Be sure to weather strip the electrical plug ins in the back of the table. The drawer and cabinet door let a bit of air exchange happen. If you are in a place where humidity balance is a huge issue (I don't know Georgia that well) you will need to use a super thin weather strip on those as well.

I love the top tray and have pictures of what I did to my humidor if you want them. Also a few pictures of the end table that are not shown on the site. If you want pictures of what it looks like about 60% filled I can send you those as well.
    Humidity and Heat is one thing GA has plenty of in the spring/summer time. Only time my humidity goes down is in the winter when the heater is on. What do you use for your RH?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Marker has that one(the Lauderdale) and really likes it, fyi
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I have a hydra and 1lb of 65% beads. I think I got 62% beads though since my cabinet doesn't get over 63%. Since Conservagel says they can be off +/- 3% I think I got the lower side. The truth will tell in the summer when our humidity goes up. In the winter the humidity goes under 30%.