Home Non Cigar Related

Cruising up the Mississippi

RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
From my wheelhouse.image

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Awesome!
    Hey Ricky, What's your boat's name. I'll follow you on AIS.
  • WafflesWaffles Posts: 63
    It's a a wonderful view from that angle, it's a shame standing on the shore to look that way will get you mugged and shot.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Awesome!
    Hey Ricky, What's your boat's name. I'll follow you on AIS.
    I'm on the W.A. Kernan, I pray I don't wind up on Utube like I did last time I was on here. Real bad day then.
    Waffles:
    It's a a wonderful view from that angle, it's a shame standing on the shore to look that way will get you mugged and shot.
    Lol Yup. Not the safest place in the world.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Very cool brother!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    You push barges?
    There's no hiding anymore.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Sweet! very cool Bro!
    I love the AIS system. I'm tracking one of my employees on it now.
    Looks like its' your second trip of the day! LOL
    Direwolf:
    You push barges?
    Yup I'm a towboater. And check you out Rick done got me targeted.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Used to love watchin you guys go by.. Grew up fishing and hunting along the river in Mississippi. It's amazing how you boys go against that current sometimes.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Dang Rick!! You got the eye in the sky! I'd love to work on the water!! Boats are the habit I can't kick! My wife is tired of me talking about boats!
    jr_p951:
    Dang Rick!! You got the eye in the sky! I'd love to work on the water!! Boats are the habit I can't kick! My wife is tired of me talking about boats!
    Lol, it's hard to get the water out of your blood. Been messing around on these things for 29years. Damn that makes me feel old.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I hear ya. I've bought boats cheap, fixed them up and sold them. I did that for many years. Rebuilt the outboards and turned them around too. I moved inland about an hour from the ocean and sold the boats. Def regretting it. I'm always on Craigslist looking at boats. Even if I can't buy one right now...I still get excited about good deals and have to tell the wife to come look! I just need to find something cheap to run with a little cabin for my kids to stay warm, has an outboard and can be towed with a 6 cyl truck. Not that I've set a goal or anything. LoL!
    My mind doesn't feel right if I'm not near water. Even inland, I have to be near a river.