Home General Discussion

what would you buy with $1000.00 ?

so i'm going to afg for a while and when i get back i would like to go on a spender bender and it got me thinking. what would i get with one thousand dollars? hmm....... well what would you guys get? would you buy merchandise AND cigars? or just cigars?

Comments

• jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I would fill my wine cooler with boxes I know I like!! Box of My Father, Box of Ruination, Box of LPH Rojo, Tatuaja Havana IV, CAO Bazilia, CAO Italia, LP no9, Undercrown. I'm not sure how much that is but...thats what I'd get. And maybe throw in a nice metal ash tray. Yep...that would suit me just fine!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Find a huge humidor at a great price and fill it. pm me with when you are leaving and we'll try to get a herf together before hand
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    i would get a legitimate humidifier setup for 150-250 cigars, some decent cigars, and two Nice cigars (one for now, and one for a year or so down the line)
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    i would probably start with a new desktop. The one that I have now has tape over holes on top where a handle used to be and I would like one that I'm not embarassed to show off. Then I would buy boxes of Tatuaje Miami line and maybe a box of Viaje's.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'd buy a cabinet, and if anything was left over some opus X.
  • mwebermweber Posts: 157
    OchoZacho:
    i would probably start with a new desktop. The one that I have now has tape over holes on top where a handle used to be and I would like one that I'm not embarassed to show off. Then I would buy boxes of Tatuaje Miami line and maybe a box of Viaje's.
    Sounds like you need a gryphon humidor! :)
  • mwebermweber Posts: 157
    I think I would buy a bunch of exotic wood ($400-$500 worth) and build a custom tower cabinet, then with the rest I would buy an assortment of boxes to put in it. Just a couple because thats all the money that would be left! haha
  • slickricslickric Posts: 705
    ENFIDL:
    Find a huge humidor at a great price and fill it. pm me with when you are leaving and we'll try to get a herf together before hand
    heck ya man, i was tossing around the idea of converting a nice 80 qt patio cooler and filing it as much as possible. we definitely need to plan a herf sometime soon. i am anxious to get to smoke with someone. I've been forced to smoke them alone for the past couple of months.
  • slickric:
    so i'm going to afg for a while and when i get back i would like to go on a spender bender and it got me thinking. what would i get with one thousand dollars? hmm....... well what would you guys get? would you buy merchandise AND cigars? or just cigars?
    I would completely skip cigars. > > I would go with a desktop to cabinet humidor and an electric humidifier. Might as well get up to a 1,000 storage limit and then fill the new humidor through dribs and drabs purchase over a long period of time.
    mweber:
    OchoZacho:
    Sounds like you need a gryphon humidor! :)
    those gryphons are amazing, just a little pricey for me
  • Sorry double post
  • GrazuhGrazuh Posts: 164
    I would get this

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    oooooooo...thats nice ^ !!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    eh, I dunno, an extra thousand... maybe build my wife a computer. she wants a desktop.
    ^I like your idea better. I have everything I could ever want, she could use some diamond earings.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Cigar related? A couple boxes of Opus probably, honestly.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Grazuh:
    I would get this

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    yeah ... what he said
    OchoZacho:
    ^I like your idea better. I have everything I could ever want, she could use some diamond earings.
    im just taking a nickel out of a dollar, she's getting a new car!
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    A box of Ramon Allones Phoenicio's....
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    ofBHK52s, box of Opus X, and a box of Anejo Sharks
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    YOU may need more money. LOL
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    cooch36:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    $350 plus $450 plus $150...still $50 left over for tax and shipping!
    Why does DD want Ramen? Dog, if I were you I would buy a gold lighter to light all those Behikes in style.....!
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    cooch36:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Where are you finding a box of Anejo Sharks for only $150? That seems crazy cheap.
    jasonusa1:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    cooch36:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Where are you finding a box of Anejo Sharks for only $150? That seems crazy cheap.
    You won't get a box of Sharks for $150, $200 yes if you know where to look and the Behikes can be had for $280.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    A box of 10 sharks were running $130 at a couple places I know. They are out of stock now obviously but not terribly hard to find them for $150 or close to that.
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    I thought they typically came in boxes of 20 (for the sharks)? Are the boxes of ten legit boxes from Fuente, or just a box-split?
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I just recently dropped a G on montes and RyJ's, sooo i guess thats what i would do with it.
    jasonusa1:
    I thought they typically came in boxes of 20 (for the sharks)? Are the boxes of ten legit boxes from Fuente, or just a box-split?
    There are no 10 count boxes, must have been a partial box.