• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    More prayers headed your way, jj.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Prayers headed your way sir.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of prayers for him and your mom and you and your family my friend. I know your brother is probably extremely weak. Pray he's not in much pain.
  • Options
    BeernfritosBeernfritos Posts: 57
    This runs in my family, too. Prayers going out for you and yours... Y'all hang in there!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Praying for you guys brother! Hope it all works out ok
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks all, his daughter sent this > Well..they are not going to continue with my dad's chemo-the cancer has progressed too far & it apparently hasn't been helping much anyway,just making him nauseous.he's in the hospital now & is not likely to be leaving.he had a heart attack Sat. night-- it could be anytime now,or he could be under hospice care in the hospital for a while,we don't know right now.//// pretty sure he has no chance except to get ready for his next step upstairs at this point i hope he can pass without pain and in peace
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    So sorry to hear that. You and your family have my prayers.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for you and your family, JJ. It's never easy to lose a loved one but sometimes it's for the best.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Prayers for you JJ!
  • Options
    sister and i went to the va hospital in houston and saw my brother for about 5 hours yesterday, he was able to talk to us a bit and even got a chuckle outta him a couple times, while we were there they moved him from the patient care floor to the hospice floor with a do not resesitate if there are problems which means he will not leave there until he passes, atleast we saw him while he was still able to speak with us and know we were there to see him, will try to go again in a day or so, his sons in the usmc , one in 29 palms and one in the sand box are heading this way asap for 2 weeks, thanks for the thoughts and prayers!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Sorry bra,, you know if theres anything I can do.......let me know
  • Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    thoughts and prayers are with you JJ.
  • Options
    Glad you got to spend some time with him JJ. Hopefully both boys get home to see him as well. Still praying......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    That's good news you saw him and he knew you were there. Prayers for you and your family bro.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    jj - sorry to hear about such difficult times. Prayers are with you and all of yours.
  • Options
    my sister got this email this morning from my brother, the cancer is in his brain so im not real sure he knows any of what he said about people passing etc, he is stuck in his bed

i have seen a few people pass the last few days here in the V.A. hospital.... I hope I am not going to to be one of them.....I am not of them. a lot of them are very sick are according to the doctors according to the docs....

charlie

his sons and family are here and me and my sister are going back weds. morning, thanks for the prayers!!
  • Options
    Prayers, Bro. I'm very sorry for your brother. One can only hope for the best.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers for your brother and both your family's. Sorry to hear such bad news.
  • Options
    JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Best wishes to you and your family, and I also wish his sons a successful tour of duty in the Marine Corps.
    Light 'em up.
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Very sorry for your brother and your family. I will be praying for everyone.
  • Options
    got a message from sil that looks like my brothers in the last days, my sister and i are going to visit tomorrow, thanks for all the prayers all!!
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that brother you and yours are in my payers
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    jj20030:
    got a message from sil that looks like my brothers in the last days, my sister and i are going to visit tomorrow, thanks for all the prayers all!!

JJ, my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours, Bro. Times like this are extremely difficult for all involved but know that soon your brother will be in a better place, free of pain and sickness. Be strong for him.
  • Options
    JJ, Prayers are being sent brother.