Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Alec Bradley Black Market

ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
Just tried an AB Black Market last night. Pre-light it gave off a slight chocolate-mint aroma. Hints of coffee and cedar while toasting the foot. Just a tad firm on the draw but no real hinderance. Lots of smooth, sweet smoke. The taste left something lingering on my palate that took a few minutes to place, and then I realized it was the cedar aroma I noticed while lighting the stick. The aftertaste was deceptively sweet, as well. A nice slow burn with no real problems with runs or tunneling. I will definitely pick up some more of these beauties.

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    You got a lot out of that. I had one recently, not super impressed with it however I get a second go, a very generous botl sent me one in a package.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I finally ordered a few today..Will be able to give them a try in a couple weeks
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Toombes:
    Just tried an AB Black Market last night. Pre-light it gave off a slight chocolate-mint aroma. Hints of coffee and cedar while toasting the foot. Just a tad firm on the draw but no real hinderance. Lots of smooth, sweet smoke. The taste left something lingering on my palate that took a few minutes to place, and then I realized it was the cedar aroma I noticed while lighting the stick. The aftertaste was deceptively sweet, as well. A nice slow burn with no real problems with runs or tunneling. I will definitely pick up some more of these beauties.
    I got one waiting for me that I'm looking forward to as I'm not an AB nut, but I've never had a bad one. Gotta respect that.

Anyway I totally agree on what you picked up prelight. I smelled the foot when I pulled it out of the cello to rest up until I'm ready, and it does have a minty smell to it that was a neat twist I'd never really noticed before. It threw me at first and I wondered if it was young and needed a lot of rest, but then I figured that since mint goes great with both chocolate and coffee flavors and AB doesn't ship cigars that aren't ready to be smoked, I'm pretty sure its intented. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this plays out while smoking it.
  • Options
    GridgodGridgod Posts: 14
    This has become my every day smoke I got a AB Taste of the world sampler and that was it for me. I bought a box of the Black Markets and a box of the American classic in the robusto size very next day. Love this line have not had a bad stick yet. All of them burn nice and have a very complex taste throughout the cigars. I tell you if you want a nice AB you should have a Prensado best of the AB line in my opinion.

Gridgod
  • Options
    Gridgod:
    This has become my every day smoke I got a AB Taste of the world sampler and that was it for me. I bought a box of the Black Markets and a box of the American classic in the robusto size very next day. Love this line have not had a bad stick yet. All of them burn nice and have a very complex taste throughout the cigars. I tell you if you want a nice AB you should have a Prensado best of the AB line in my opinion. Gridgod

I'll shall ahve to partake of the Prensado. Thanks for the tip, my brother.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Alec Bradley is a lot like CAO for me in that I've liked all the different ones I've smoked from them. Have had the Tempus, Family Blend, Prensado and Maxx and they were all great. The Black Market and Fine and Rare are ones on my list to try at some point and I'm sure they're both great judging from the other AB offerings I've had.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    I'll have to pick up some of these to try.
  • Options
    asianbiker8:
    I'll have to pick up some of these to try.

I don't think you'll be disappointed
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I posted a review of these here on the forums but you can find it on my site as well... AB Black Market Review

let me know what you think! I loved the cigar myself
  • Options
    You do an awesome job on your reviews, Robby. I already know what I got from the stick, but your review actually made me think back to the smoke and remember a few things I wasn't sure of at first. Job well done, bro-man-dude!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Gridgod:
    This has become my every day smoke I got a AB Taste of the world sampler and that was it for me. I bought a box of the Black Markets and a box of the American classic in the robusto size very next day. Love this line have not had a bad stick yet. All of them burn nice and have a very complex taste throughout the cigars. I tell you if you want a nice AB you should have a Prensado best of the AB line in my opinion. Gridgod
    Prensado is def the best IMO also. Great smoke

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I'd go a step further and say that a Black Market, Prensado, and Tempus are a perfect Alec Bradley Trifecta of cigar smoking for a perfect evening.

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    The first Black Market I had sucked.. Had one the other night and it was waaaaaay better. Got a couple more that I'm sitting on for awhile.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    robbyras:
    I posted a review of these here on the forums but you can find it on my site as well... AB Black Market Review

let me know what you think! I loved the cigar myself
    I pulled one out based on your and Irish's review. I had to give it a try. It was very unusual in that the first 1/3 was probably the best part of the cigar for me.

I also had the robusto and felt the heat in the second half affected the flavor. Taking it really slow and easy brought back it's excellent flavor to me. Half way through I was comparing it to a PSD4. Easily one of my favorites. I had black pepper flavor build in the second half but no spice kick. It got to be alot for me but I still really enjoyed the cigar.