Home Non Cigar Related

Archery

PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
Recently got into archery and I was wondering what kinds of bows some of you have. Also, anyone got a compound they are wanting to sell?

Comments

• WafflesWaffles Posts: 63
    I used to just target shoot and I loved my left handed Hoyt vtec. It always treated me well. My long bow was hand made didnt really have a brand name, but boy was it smooth
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    if you are thinking of a compound bow you really need to go to a shop and get measured before you buy anything.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I used to hunt with a PSE Polaris
  • I shoot/hunt with trad gear (long bow and recurve) but check out the Diamonds by Bow Tech. My friends like them and some of the them start at $325 for a complete bow set up. Archery is a blast whether you just shoot or hunt!
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    I just went shooting the other day, and it was a lot of fun. Plan to do target shooting only. Want a decent but cheap compound bow.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I have a Martin I love it ....... I am in a unique situation where I live in NY we have only been able to hunt deer with shotgun,bow or muzzle and they recently opened rifle as well ...... I've only bow hunted about a dozen or so times but it's my absolute favorite .......I won't lie you can spen a ton on a bow alone. It's my opinion that a bow in the 350-450 range will do everything that a 1000 bow will do ...... Unless your competition shooting the latter will do, and anything that slings an arrow at over 300 ft per second will lay anything out ..... It's funny 10 years ago only competition bows and the ultra high end barely were over 300 fps and now almost everything does. I think Sol said it best before you buy go to an archery shop and get measured and let them set it up ...... And the only two tidbits I'll give are carbon arrows and your sight should be close to a hundred bucks if not more depending on your use.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    PsychoSJG.... Until I blew out my right shoulder I shot A Mathews Ultra Max. It has A twenty-seven inch draw. Pull weight is set to seventy pounds. Sometimes this summer it broke A string. If your interested your welcome to it if you'll pay the postage to ship it. It does me no good so merry Christmas. P M if interested.
    PsychoSJG:
    Recently got into archery and I was wondering what kinds of bows some of you have. Also, anyone got a compound they are wanting to sell?

I'm serious. If you need A good bow I'll send you A Mathews Ultra Max. The only thing it needs is A twelve dollar string. I can't use it anymore and I've been trying to find it A good home with someone who'll actually use it. All I ask is to be reimbursed for the postage.
    Anyone else need A good bow? Might post A picture later. P M if interested.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    PsychoSJG:

I'm serious. If you need A good bow I'll send you A Mathews Ultra Max. The only thing it needs is A twelve dollar string. I can't use it anymore and I've been trying to find it A good home with someone who'll actually use it. All I ask is to be reimbursed for the postage.
    No idea how I missed this before. PM to you sir
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    That's an awesome offer there. A good bow is a beautiful thing. there is something spiritual about shooting a bow. Wish my shoulder would allow me to shoot again.
    Direwolf:
    That's an awesome offer there. A good bow is a beautiful thing. there is something spiritual about shooting a bow. Wish my shoulder would allow me to shoot again.

Amen to that. That's my problem too.