Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Bolivar

A Friend of mine just gave me a 3 pack of Bolivar (churchill, lonsdale and toro). On the cover of the package it states that Bolivar was a top 25 CA cigar. Now knowing what most think of CA on this site, I have two questions

1. What size was rated this high and in what year (2008,2009)??
2. What does everyone here think of Bolivar.
They do not appear to be Maduro, they appear to be Natural Wrapper.

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I have a few in the humi, but haven't smoked one, yet. Thus, the only thing I know about them is that I can't see the name without hearing it pronounced in my head the way Eva Gabor used to say, "Awlivah!" on "Green Acres."
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Personally I like 'em alot. Have never had any issues with any I have smoked and damn tasty. A good long relaxing smoke.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    I've had half of one. It was the worst tasting cigar I've ever had in my entire life. Other people here have enjoyed them. I don't know if I'll ever give it a second chance.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

dutyje:
    I've had half of one. It was the worst tasting cigar I've ever had in my entire life. Other people here have enjoyed them. I don't know if I'll ever give it a second chance.

Are you sure you picked up a Bolivar and not a burro log ??? Just kiddin'....seriously you might give it another try since you said it was THE worst you ever smoked. Thats a serious claim....better smoke 2 before hangin' that on a stick.....

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had any legal ones yet, but I smoked a couple of the ISOM ones while in transit back here from the sand box. I really enjoyed them and out of the ISOMs I had (Montecristo, Partagas, Cohiba, R&J) they were by far my favorite. I am going to get a 5er of them on my next order and give em a run.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I had a year or two ago but really don't remember much about it. I know I liked it alright, but can't remember much beyond that... I guess this is a stick I'll have to revisit.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im ok with bolivar. (non cuban. havent had the cuban) I seem to remember it being very coffee and chocolate.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    The NC Bolivar need aging, a lot of aging. At least a year.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Got a Bolivar in a pass and really enjoyed it. Was hanging out with a few buddies and trying to teach a cigar virgin how to smoke correctly without filling his lungs with smoke, so I couldn't tell you the exact flavors I got. That and they may have been mixed with some Drew Estate Java flavors (best gateway cigar ever) that 2 of the guys were smoking.

When I somehow get some money I'll be picking up at least a fiver of Bolivars.

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ok, So based on these needing resting I am going to stick them in my humi till next season or at least until the end of this season for smoking.
  • Options
    Henry1Henry1 Posts: 20
    Fourtotheflush:
    A Friend of mine just gave me a 3 pack of Bolivar (churchill, lonsdale and toro). On the cover of the package it states that Bolivar was a top 25 CA cigar. Now knowing what most think of CA on this site, I have two questions

1. What size was rated this high and in what year (2008,2009)??
    2. What does everyone here think of Bolivar.
    They do not appear to be Maduro, they appear to be Natural Wrapper.
    I don't know what most people on here think of C.A good? bad? ????????
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Generally its not well-regarded here.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Not here either.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    its a men's magazine for snobs that happens to have a cigar section.