Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Cohiba Sublimes Edición Limitada 2004?

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
Anyone have this guy? I heard good things just curious if anyone has had it from here. I was thinking about getting a box. How to they compare to other cohibas?

Comments

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    DD has a box or two...Think a box of 10 will cost in the $700-$1000 range..?? Good luck with em.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd be really careful buying a box of Sublimes...your chance of getting fakes is quite high.
  • Options
    zeebra:
    DD has a box or two...Think a box of 10 will cost in the $700-$1000 range..?? Good luck with em.
    thought they came in boxes of 25? found a place that was like 260. weird
  • Options
    They did come in boxes of 25...but you won't find many boxes of regular Cohibas for 260, let alone 7-8 year old EL that are highly sought after.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    see i didn't even know the box sizes..., but at that price, they are fakes! My 25 count box of robustos cost about $300
  • Options
    I dunno, I emailed them for info if they are even in stock. The place has no bad reviews. We'll see.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    see i didn't even know the box sizes..., but at that price, they are fakes! My 25 count box of robustos cost about $300
    Shawn what year is your Robustos? Box of 25 for 300 makes them $12 a stick so I was wondering.
  • Options
    I have some CoRo's from 05 and remember it being around the same price is why.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    phobicsquirrel:
    zeebra:
    Would love a PM about where this is... Definitely dubious.
  • Options
    pm doc
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    Curious about this too...but as others above have stated, be careful about fakes...all over the place and vendor/source may not even know they have fakes. If you trust your vendor though, go for it...
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    DO NOT buy that box....Cohiba Sublimes are one of the rarest cigars on the planet, it took me months to find a box, they only come in boxes of 25. These are cigars that sell at auction for $3500 US/box. I bought mine privately, you cannot I repeat cannot buy these cigars under $100 - $150 US a stick. I don't care who has them listed or what their reviews are at that price they are fake...
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    DO NOT buy that box....Cohiba Sublimes are one of the rarest cigars on the planet, it took me months to find a box, they only come in boxes of 25. These are cigars that sell at auction for $3500 US/box. I bought mine privately, you cannot I repeat cannot buy these cigars under $100 - $150 US a stick. I don't care who has them listed or what their reviews are at that price they are fake...
    Sooo, you do admit you have some? ;) You may be the luckiest guy on earth lol...and that's no joke! Good score for sure
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    Ding ding ding.
  • Options
    Diamondog:
    Is there any way to find out of they are fake before buying? like serial numbers or the like?
  • Options
    I've got to ask this...why is it so difficult for you to just believe that you won't be getting genuine Sublimes from this vendor? Everything that has been said in this thread supports the notion that they are selling fakes, and yet it seems to me that you aren't nearly convinced.
  • Options
    I dunno maybe because I would like to know if there is any way to know they are before I just say F it. ...It's not that it is difficult for me to get it that everyone says they are fake. I have asked them already if they were legit and was told yes. If they are fake then fine, but I was just curious if there was any info that could be used to verify that. Just because they aren't 3000 bucks they must be fake isn't exactly gonna work. I respect everyone's input and I am sure everyone is right (as I don't know *** about Cubans) it's more for my own curiosity.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    phobicsquirrel:
    zeebra:
    These are listed at $485 for a box of 25 in Cuba. Fat chance trying to find any. I did.

Save your $$$ pheebs, those have to be fake if buddy is trying to sell them to you for half of what they are listed for in Cuba if you can find them.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    I dunno maybe because I would like to know if there is any way to know they are before I just say F it. ...It's not that it is difficult for me to get it that everyone says they are fake. I have asked them already if they were legit and was told yes. If they are fake then fine, but I was just curious if there was any info that could be used to verify that. Just because they aren't 3000 bucks they must be fake isn't exactly gonna work. I respect everyone's input and I am sure everyone is right (as I don't know *** about Cubans) it's more for my own curiosity.
    Seriously, the price they have them listed for is like if someone (to use a cigar you are probably more familiar with) listed a box of Opus X for 75$. It just isn't real. Also, what salesman if going to admit that what they are selling is counterfeit? Lol... I would be flabbergasted if the vendor actually told you they were fakes.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    The unfortunate truth is that you can't always tell a fake from genuine 100% unless you have them in hand. And of course the people trying to pass them off as real are going to say they're real, hardly convincing.
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    phobicsquirrel:
    The unfortunate truth is that you can't always tell a fake from genuine 100% unless you have them in hand. And of course the people trying to pass them off as real are going to say they're real, hardly convincing.
    I agree with you 100% on this statement j0z3r, but I also believe a lot of people cry "fake" on cigars that are real (think there was an incident recently on OH battlezone forum regarding montes). In this case, I thought it was too good to be true when I read Pheeb's post as I've heard they're almost non-existent....and if you find them the consensus on such cigars is that they cost in excess of $1K. Heck, just to find 2008 limited editions on any brand will cost more $$$ than the listed price of these Cohibas! Personally, I'd rather get a couple of boxes of other cigars and age them rather than taking this kind of a risk....heck, for about $150 more you can get a box of Behikes...maybe cheaper if you do your research!
  • Options
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    LOL I have researched this to death, these cigars when released a box cost $600 - $800 US for the LE....**** your money down the toilette if you like, you cannot and I mean cannot get these at that price period, these are some of the rarest and most sought after cigars in the world you would have a better chance calling Fidel himself, arranging a flight to Cuba and smoking one with him then you would getting a box for $260 lol and that is an understatement...
  • Options
    Sounds like a real pain in the butt. One thing I really hate about "cuban" cigars. Anyway thanks all, and I'm going to pass on them as it's just too much of an uncertainty.
  • Options
    laker1963:
    phobicsquirrel:
    zeebra:
    These are listed at $485 for a box of 25 in Cuba. Fat chance trying to find any. I did.

Save your $$$ pheebs, those have to be fake if buddy is trying to sell them to you for half of what they are listed for in Cuba if you can find them.
    None to be found there aye? wow.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    On a related note, a BoTL on a cigar social site (we'll call him Joe) was really happy with a Behike purchase that his BiL (we'll call him John) made for him. John's tobacconist made him a "really great deal" on a box of Behike 52s. He was so proud that he posted a pic of some of them.

I and another BoTL were pointing out discrepancies and John really got the ass saying that his tobacconist would NEVER do that to him.
    Needless to say, the facts are indisputable and Joe admitted that there were too many irregularities to ignore.

The whole point is just to remember that if a deal seems too good to be true, it usually is.

• Options
    Steve2010:
    On a related note, a BoTL on a cigar social site (we'll call him Joe) was really happy with a Behike purchase that his BiL (we'll call him John) made for him. John's tobacconist made him a "really great deal" on a box of Behike 52s. He was so proud that he posted a pic of some of them.

I and another BoTL were pointing out discrepancies and John really got the ass saying that his tobacconist would NEVER do that to him.
    Needless to say, the facts are indisputable and Joe admitted that there were too many irregularities to ignore.

The whole point is just to remember that if a deal seems too good to be true, it usually is.

good point...on a side note, the real Behikes are outstanding :)