Home Cigar 101

stain on camacho

jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
got this in today and open the coffin to check and saw a stain on the tissue what do you guys think? image

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Will it rub off? Pectin, maybe?
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I think someone got a little excited while they were wrapping that cigar.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Yea, IDK bout that one. Anything inside the box. If it was just on the tissue that would be one thing but the spot on the cigar doesnt look too appealing. could it be mold? Does the wrapper look impaired in that area, cause you know once it starts splitting it can turn into a runaway train. I'd definately send that pic to the merchant. Maybe DD has seen that before, I sure havent, could be pectin, but doesnt really look like it, to me anyway
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    doesnt wipe off, well a lil did imageimage
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Prob mold. Those liberty's are notorious for it. But doc could be right too...
    man is super nice going to replace it and i ask him check it before sending, i really dont know if its mold but ill let him diagnose it and maybe he can sell it to a local or not after he figures it out , i got a 2005 11/18 also and it's a beauty
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Looks more like water damage to me.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    That's what I think too. That stain on the tissue and the "water mark" on the cigar. I'll bet that cigar is fine. I'd burn it.
    well he is going to replace it and being a htf cigar i purchased just to be able to play in icpleels 2000 bag# 1 pass when i put one in the pass i dont think anyone that took it in the pass would like to see that,lol
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Prob mold. Those liberty's are notorious for it. But doc could be right too...
    x2..very notorious for mold, especially the 2009s. I just pulled out all of my liberties last night and 3 had mold...and I maintain low humidity.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Which would be worse, mold or snot?
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    kaspera79:
    docbp87:
    That's what I think too. That stain on the tissue and the "water mark" on the cigar. I'll bet that cigar is fine. I'd burn it.
    +1 on all counts. This is just the excuse you need to spark that sexy stick up NOW! :-)

• JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    The Sniper:
    kaspera79:
    docbp87:
    +1 on all counts. This is just the excuse you need to spark that sexy stick up NOW! :-)

I dunno, somebody might have sneezed on it.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Can you email me the photos? We can't see them here since photobucket and most other hosting sites are blocked.
  • greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Monica Lewinski had anything to do with this??
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Can you email me the photos? We can't see them here since photobucket and most other hosting sites are blocked.
    sent
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    With out it in hand I can't say with 100% certainty but I would say that it is almost definitely pectin or some type of vegetable glue. Nothing to worry about and nothing that will effect the smokability of the cigar.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    greg2648:
    Or jj might...
    Marker:
    greg2648:
    Or jj might...
    i was very excited when i opend that coffin, lmao
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    JDH:
    Which would be worse, mold or snot?
    Moldy snot would be the worst I would imagine.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I'm leaning towards pectin too. You could always lick the spot and see if it's sweet or salty. ;)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    I'm leaning towards pectin too. You could always lick the spot and see if it's sweet or salty. ;)
    .. And which one would you prefer ?
    kaspera79:
    JudoChinX:
    .. And which one would you prefer ?
    lmao
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    With out it in hand I can't say with 100% certainty but I would say that it is almost definitely pectin or some type of vegetable glue. Nothing to worry about and nothing that will effect the smokability of the cigar.
    Peckertin?
    firetruckguy:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Peckertin?
    it wasnt one of them special rolled smokes, with the bubble gum head cap,lmao