Home General Discussion

Cigar box wall art

So with my new found freedom comes lots of empty wall space and the freedom to put whatever the hell I want where ever the hell I want. So I was sitting there in my living room thinking "that wall sure does look empty above your gorgeous humidor". So I looks around and I see some empty cigar boxes that I had been using to store cigar related accessories and bands and cigar.com bags. Well the end result is this, some wall art type storage shadow box things. I really like them and I figure if I ever get sick of them I can swap them out for different boxes.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielruas:
    So with my new found freedom comes lots of empty wall space and the freedom to put whatever the hell I want where ever the hell I want. So I was sitting there in my living room thinking "that wall sure does look empty above your gorgeous humidor". So I looks around and I see some empty cigar boxes that I had been using to store cigar related accessories and bands and cigar.com bags. Well the end result is this, some wall art type storage shadow box things. I really like them and I figure if I ever get sick of them I can swap them out for different boxes.

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Nice idea! What did you use to mount them?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I like that. Nice.
    One God, One Truth
  • Looks good.
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    I just drilled some holes in the wall and popped in drywall anchors then drilled small holes through the boxes and screwed them to the wall.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    danielruas:

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Both of your names look alike, I got confused.
    One God, One Truth
  • danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    roland_7707:
    danielzreyes:
    danielruas:

Both of your names look alike, I got confused.
    Haha I didn't notice that but that is pretty funny, like I was asking myself questions.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I think that looks really good on the yellow wall, maybe a few lighter colored boxes would look good on my charcoal colored walls... thanks for the idea!
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    thats a seriously cool idea,
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's F'ing awesome Daniel, way to go brother!!!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Looks good! If you feel the boxes stick out to far, you could do just the box tops. The box does give you space as a shelf also!! I like it! Looks like good manrage decorations!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    This looks awesome man.
  • musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    Sweet idea man. Looks nice.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    They do look good on the wall like that
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    That's an awesome idea! And if they are at shoulder height, then you can put your stuff in it, like lighter fluid and your cutter and stuff, kinda like a secret compartment!
  • spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Those look great....
  • KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    Looks Great man..... If you want to hang any more boxes, feel free to send the cigars here for safe keeping. LOL
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Another great idea for what to do with cigar boxes. Good job! I'm thiniing I might line a bunch of 'em together, and mount them so that they make a narrow shelf, and you could open the boxes for additional storage...