Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

5 Vegas Limitada 2011 - Word of Advice

Busted one of these out tonight after resting since May '11. Was gifted.

It's still very, very young. Plenty of ammonia, which disappeared for a few moments here and there so you could taste some decent tobacco.

I had to let it die just short of the halfway point as the ammonia was becoming acrid. I think they really intended for this stick to be aged because of it's limited status. Just a word to the wise if you have 1 or 2 I'd sit on it a long while.
I have another and will rest it a good long while before smoking.

Comments

• Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Good to know. This wont be a problem with the amount of stick waiting to be torched.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a bummer! Just picked up an order on yesterdays DD, had one from the COTM that I smoked a couple weeks ago that was probably one of the best cigars I smoked all year, so I'm hoping that yours was an anomaly, and mine was representative of what's to come. I've had the Limitadas from '09 to present, (maybe an '08, but I'm not sure) and all have been top-notch so far, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have to hold these for some inordinate amount of time. We'll see, anyone else with experience on these?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I had to try one of these from the DD, and I have to say, it needs rest, or age...whatever. Not terrible or anything, and I can see why it made CCOMS "best to age" list.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    About right, need to age have 10 from a few months ago, picked up another 20 and dropped in coolidor for a long nights rest!!:-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    Good to know I have 3 in the humi and looks like I won't fire it up any time soon
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Thanks DPD.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I've had two. Both were good on flavor, but they both blew out on me. Have seen a couple other people mention that too.