Home Ratings & Reviews

La Sirena.....gritty sticks?

danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone tried this cigar? This is my second one (both from diff boxes). The first third I had a mouth full of gritty smoke, if you will. My cousin had one with me the first time, and he said the same exact thing. Has anyone else experience this gritty smoke? Maybe it's from the head on the cigar from when my lips touches it? Am I just nuts?

imageUploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say I've had them but I did pick up a few for Isaac (Icpleel) so he might be able to give you a comparison to check to see if that is normal.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    danielzreyes:
    Has anyone tried this cigar? This is my second one (both from diff boxes). The first third I had a mouth full of gritty smoke, if you will. My cousin had one with me the first time, and he said the same exact thing. Has anyone else experience this gritty smoke? Maybe it's from the head on the cigar from when my lips touches it? Am I just nuts?

I love these sticks personally and have not had this problem. I bought a box of one vitola (beli type shape) and 10 larger 6X60 or so. Interestingly this was when they first came out and I notice from your picture there appear to be two bands. None of the sticks that I purchased had two bands, only the one larger one that has been taken off in your picture. When did you buy yours? I mean really, with the larger major band, do you really need a second?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    chemforever:
    danielzreyes:

I love these sticks personally and have not had this problem. I bought a box of one vitola (beli type shape) and 10 larger 6X60 or so. Interestingly this was when they first came out and I notice from your picture there appear to be two bands. None of the sticks that I purchased had two bands, only the one larger one that has been taken off in your picture. When did you buy yours? I mean really, with the larger major band, do you really need a second?
    I recently bought more a few days ago Ill have to check if it has the 2 bands. This particular stick (5x50) I bought maybe early summer 2010. Other than the gritty taste, it was a great smoke. Peppery a bit of leather, chocolate and definitely full bodied.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I think a lot of Don Pepin's CBL wrapped sticks have this gritty quality to them.
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    danielzreyes:
    chemforever:
    danielzreyes:

I recently bought more a few days ago Ill have to check if it has the 2 bands. This particular stick (5x50) I bought maybe early summer 2010. Other than the gritty taste, it was a great smoke. Peppery a bit of leather, chocolate and definitely full bodied.
    . Hmm I didn't think they came out till 2011..have to check that out. I don't really chew on cigars though so maybe that's why I didn't notice.
    danielzreyes:
    chemforever:
    danielzreyes:

Correction, summer 2011. Checked my recent purchase. They too have the 2nd band underneath.
    chemforever:
    danielzreyes:
    chemforever:
    danielzreyes:

. Hmm I didn't think they came out till 2011..have to check that out. I don't really chew on cigars though so maybe that's why I didn't notice.
    sorry, typo. Summer 2010
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Can't speak for gritty, but for whatever reason I was just not a particular fan of these. I smoked a few and then gave the rest away. A lot of people love them...just not me.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Stupid question, but maybe your cutter is getting dull and making a more ragged cut? If you've had other sticks with the same cutter and had no problem, disregard this entirely.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    The one I got from Brett had the scone band under the large one and the stick I smoked also had a grittyness to it. Didn't enjoy it enough to think ill ever buy one for myself.