Home Non Cigar Related

Things I Fear

We have the things I love and the things I hate threads. What about things I fear.

I guess I'll kick it off.
I'm afraid of failure. I see the huge amount of success my parents and mentors have achieved in their endeavors and I fear that I will not reach those levels of awesmoness.

Comments

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I'm a man so nothing.......
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another term of O'Bummer in office.......
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    ENFIDL:
    I'm a man so nothing.......
    "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."
    Mark Twain

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    stephen_hannibal:
    We have the things I love and the things I hate threads. What about things I fear.

I'm afraid of failure. I see the huge amount of success my parents and mentors have achieved in their endeavors and I fear that I will not reach those levels of awesmoness.

In all seriousness I do have a healthy fear of failure. It drives me and makes me want to be the best at what I do. And fear of not doing justice to the memory of my friends who have given their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan in defense of our country.
  • ENFIDL:
    stephen_hannibal:

In all seriousness I do have a healthy fear of failure. It drives me and makes me want to be the best at what I do. And fear of not doing justice to the memory of my friends who have given their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan in defense of our country.
    big +1 on failure. As both of you know, I decided to quit my retail job over a year ago to persue my passion for sound engineering. Everyday I wonder if it is going to pan out. Pretty much everything in my life is on hold like moving out and getting married until I get my career going. Scared. To. Death lol
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Midget Clowns ...
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fear bugs. Any and all bugs.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid of crashing my barges into a bridge or hitting the hill.
  • spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Passing before the cc's that Shaun sent me have 5 years on them so I can smoke them...........
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I fear seeing a close friend be hurt in an high voltage accident. Again.

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Death-----but not actually death, just the anxiety I get every few years that manifests itself as a fear of death.......Sorry if that was too deep a look into my psyche.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i really only fear things that are unknown.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    What the doctor will say.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    My biggest fear is ending up a homeless, toothless, crackhead with no family or friends! I literally try to imagine myself this way in order to drive me to succeed and never give up. Sometimes. Not always. I'm not a big fan of fear driven motivation, but I do use it from time to time when things really get tough.
  • SalemSalem Posts: 717
    I fear and hope that this does not happen: My children not ever calling or coming around. They are my world. I want them independent and living their own lives, just give us a call and visit ever so often.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Fear itself?
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may sound like a joke, but I really do fear that Albert "The Machine" Pujols is going to choke this 2012 season.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Death-----but not actually death, just the anxiety I get every few years that manifests itself as a fear of death.......Sorry if that was too deep a look into my psyche.

I'm not afraid of death, I was clinically dead for 14 minutes after a car accident in '98, but I AM afraid of dying alone...
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Heights.
  • NO matches when my lighter is empty!
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I've been shot at. That scared the CRAP outta me!

What I fear the most is that I may never be able to work productively again. I am having difficulty as a student (due to an injury 7 years ago), and I have no idea how I will manage to hold a job once I graduate. It just scares me

• Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Camel Spiders

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Steve2010:
    Camel Spiders

Da F!!!!
    Every single on of these must die!!! Sweet god that thing is vile!!!!

• Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    I hate these things.
    Different one, different day (this one's a baby):