Home General Discussion

Jaime Garcia Limited Edition

Is there one cigar in this box with a different wrapper? I had one of these a month or so back (in fact, my first post here was when I was smoking one) and I went to a B&M and picked up their last one yesterday. I noticed it looked a little different, but paid no mind (I had been drinking a little). The whole time smoking it, though I couldn't help but stare at it thinking "this is not the same cigar." A quick google search netted me this picture:

So it looks like there's one that's not quite like the others. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    One in every box...It is this year's (2012) LE blend...Most think it is a mistake, but it is intentional...A pre-release so to speak...I have a couple of them, and this info is from a reliable source...
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^^ what he said ,,,The cigars come in boxes of 15, and each box contains a special 16th cigar, the story being that cigar is that it’s the same blend but with a Ecuadorian Connecticut shade wrapper. They are tossing around choosing this cigar for next years Limited Edition release and want to get some feedback how it tastes and so forth. to get a feel for a blend to smoke it with different wrappers, that and the fact that My Father rarely uses traditional Connecticut wrappers so it’s exciting as well.
  • SporusSporus Posts: 236
    Thank you, so I was essentially unwittingly invited to a 2012 LE sneak preview, if you will. I feel like I should belong to an exclusive club now.

And for a quick review: I very much enjoyed it, but would rather have had the 2011 LE.
  • spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Sporus:
    Thank you, so I was essentially unwittingly invited to a 2012 LE sneak preview, if you will. I feel like I should belong to an exclusive club now.

And for a quick review: I very much enjoyed it, but would rather have had the 2011 LE.
    You are a member of an exclusive club...The ccom forum...
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    spindrift:
    Sporus:

It's not that exclusive.. They let me in
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    spindrift:
    Sporus:

It's not that exclusive.. They let me in
    I cant read Randals postings with a straight face. LOL
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    As long as Janny Garcia hands it to me then I would smoke it.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    My B&M has one of these boxes left, for 25% off. I think I should buy it. I'm getting my tax return soon, so WTF, right? RIGHT???
  • AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    Habs has some too, I picked one (stick) up just to have it lol
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I need to get my coolidor up and running. Before that happens, I won't be buying boxes of anything because I got no where to put them! The 25% off is a good deal on the Jaime's, but I think I'm holding off. Next box I pick up's going to be the Kristoff GC Signatures...when I have the space and money, that is!