Home General Discussion

Do you prefer scotch or brandy with your stogie?

Ive heard differing opinions.Ive yet to try either. Just wondering what yall prefer.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither! A good, sometimes expensive, sour mash bourbon is best, IMHO.

Marty
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    nothing like a nice glass of Gentleman Jack and a good smoke!

"Long ashes my friends."

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Neither, usually. I hate brandy, but will, on very rare occassions, have a Scotch. Usually, it's beer, or diet coke, or rum, or tequila, or a tom collins, or a mai tai, or a gin & tonic, or a drink of equal parts vodka, tirple sec, and lime juice, or whiskey & 7-up.... or some other mixed drink.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

Krieg:
    nothing like a nice glass of Gentleman Jack and a good smoke!

I agree with Gentleman Jack and also enjoy Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey  Rare Breed Barrell Proof, Tortuga rum, 10 Cane rum,

• cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    dutyje:
    Neither, usually. I hate brandy, but will, on very rare occassions, have a Scotch. Usually, it's beer, or diet coke, or rum, or tequila, or a tom collins, or a mai tai, or a gin & tonic, or a drink of equal parts vodka, tirple sec, and lime juice, or whiskey & 7-up.... or some other mixed drink.
    mmmmm...Tom Collins *Screams at Snow*

I like Irish Whiskey...Jameson 12 year
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I'm a bourbon kinda guy. Just a couple of rocks in it please. I like EW Single Barrel if you were planning on having me over for a drink.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    cheyman:
    I like Irish Whiskey...Jameson 12 year
    I had some Jameson just last night with my Sol Cubano Sumatra.

Generally, I don't drink anything with my stogies. Maybe water. Every now and then I'll have some good bourbon with one, and I enjoy hell out of coffee with a Perdomo ESV.
  • Gran Marnier . . . straight, no ice. Mmmmm.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    If I am out and have something to drink it is usually water or Schneider Weisse Original.
    welcome aboard, dub3... I like Grand Marnier neat as well. Most people find it way to sweet and fruity. I think it's a tasty after-dinner dessert sipper.
    rwheelwright:
    If I am out and have something to drink it is usually water or Schneider Weisse Original.
    you find most places have that on hand? Or do you normally only go out to one or two places?
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I've never been a fan of Scotch or Brandy. Although I will admit that I haven't had much exposure to them. However I love a good Vodka or some Guatalmalan Rum.
  • cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    Gin and Juice...

and when I say Gin, I mean clear alcohol in a plastic jug and when I say juice I mean Kool-Aid or purple drink!
    Now you're talkin'!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Now you're talkin'!
    .. PURPLE !! That's urbis favorite childhood drink.
  • Vince_OVince_O Posts: 281 ✭✭
    Single malt scotch, right now I am working on a Laphroaig Qtr. cask, in the wings is a Laugavulin 16 YO ,, after it gets warm out I move from the Islays scotches to the highlands , in the heat of summer I move to a lowlands scotch, or Irish whisky, & back to the Islays in the fall, got to keep warm hahaha Enjoy, Vince
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I love a good one, but for some reason I don't really care for them when I'm smoking. I like just some water or sometimes a fruit juice... I had a Nestor Maduro with a side of pear juice the other night, that was an amazing combo!
    Hey, Vince. Nice to see you venturing out. Looks like you favor the peaty ones. They're a bit much for me. Balvenie or Macallan are more my speed. I want to try Highland Park, though.
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    Now you're talkin'!
    .. PURPLE !! That's urbis favorite childhood drink.
    Sugar. Water. Purple. What else does a growing boy need?
  • Thanks! Great to be here! The Granma is rather sweet but I do enjoy sipping with a good cigar . . . . otherwise, you can't go wrong with Wild Turkey rare breed/splash of ginger.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I prefer a good bourbon over Scotch or Brandy. Some Maker's Mark or Buffalo Trace are my favorites. I can also have some Crown Royal with a good smoke.
  • It really depends on what you're smoking and when you're smoking it but the simple answer is cognac (brandy) since I normally smoke after dinner.  But if it were before dinner I can't imagine drinking a cognac.  But if that's what floats your boat, knock yourself out.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I prefer a scotch if I am drinking alchohol. I would love to drink with every stick, but generally it works out to be a soda, coffee or water with my sticks. I think the coffee ususally compliments what I smoke the best!
    dutyje:
    rwheelwright:
    you find most places have that on hand? Or do you normally only go out to one or two places?
    I normally only go to one place. Haven't seen it at any of the bars that I gig at.
    cheyman:
    Gin and Juice...

and when I say Gin, I mean clear alcohol in a plastic jug and when I say juice I mean Kool-Aid or purple drink!
    Laid Back! With my mind of my money and my money on my mind!
    dutyje:
    rwheelwright:
    I found it today in my local Shoprite.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

PuroFreak:
    I prefer a good bourbon over Scotch or Brandy. Some Maker's Mark or Buffalo Trace are my favorites. I can also have some Crown Royal with a good smoke.

same comment, same choices ......brother is that you?

• TokinstogieTokinstogie Posts: 46 ✭✭
    In the morning, Grand Manier and coffee with a CAO maduro, after dinner, Belvenie (sp)double wood and a Greycliff expresso.
    I was going to say, maybe it's time I quit drinking and smoking, tear down all the Vargas girl posters and straighten out my life. But I won't.....