Home General Discussion

I'm getting a larger Humidor. Need care advice.

I'm getting ready to order a new humidor. I have one already, but want to add some size and get a bigger one. Now, when I was about to order, it asked if I wanted a humidor seasoning kit? Is this something I need to get? I know it has to be seasoned (the one I have came pre-seasoned from a friend), but I know nothing about seasoning one. I'm hoping they come with instructions but want to make sure I have everything at one time to season it. I need seasoning 101!! I don't want another lighter fiasco where I got the lighter but didn't think about getting butane with it, lol!!!! Any suggestions, teachings, directing me somewhere, will be appreciated. I want to know these things before I order.

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Use the search function. You will find pretty much everything you need to know.
  • SalemSalem Posts: 717
    ok, I'll do that.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Well I didn't like the seasoning kit took way too long.
    I personally use the wipe down method.

Humidor.....ordered. Check!!! Can't wait!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Which one did u get?

"Long ashes my friends."

• dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Congrats Salem that is awesome. I would just say to take your time with the seasoning of the humi. You really want to get it to hold the humidification and then stabilize there for a couple days. There is no rush is getting the environment for our precious stogies just right. :-)
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Direwolf:
    Use the search function. You will find pretty much everything you need to know.
    Searchbar ****! Anyway, I remember when I was in your boots..I'm on my third humidor already.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    whatever humidor you are looking at, look twice as large.

oh, thats not the advice you were looking for....

seasoning kit is not needed, but it does simplify the process. i have never used one but i am not against it.
    I wish I could have gotten a bigger one. Got a 100 count. Just couldn't afford a bigger one right now. But if I ever have more cigars than they will accommodate, I'll do the cooler.
  • GoatmilkGoatmilk Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    I have a 100ct as well. It serves me well as my cigar budget isn't very large
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Salem:
    Make sure you do the Dollar Bill test. You can search for that too but, basically you check the seal of the lid with a dollar bill by putting it half in and out of the humi close the lid and see if you can move it around or not. Just get a good Thermo./Hygro. make sure it is accurate, get some beads, get some distilled water and charge your beads, put a small dish of distilled in there with the beads and let it go for a day; two days; three days. What ever it takes to get it stable. Good luck.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Salem:
    i have the same humidor. i like it a lot and it looks great. (thanks sniper)