Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Favorite TV show & movies

scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
What are your favorite tv shows and movies?

For me it's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Black Hawk Down

Comments

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    House, Son's Of Anarchy, The Crow and Lonestar State of Mind
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Airwolf

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Series: Bones, The Mentalist, & The Big Bang Theory: Movie: Contact
  • Options
    ctschirgictschirgi Posts: 63 ✭✭
    TV Show -The Dukes of Hazard; Movie - ****
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Favorite tv sitcom of all time, probably Cheers. Favorite series, tie between the Wire and Deadwood, with Band of Brothers right behind. Favorite movies, Raging Bull, Cool Hand Luke.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    Favorite tv sitcom of all time, probably Cheers. Favorite series, tie between the Wire and Deadwood, with Band of Brothers right behind. Favorite movies, Raging Bull, Cool Hand Luke.
    I'm with u on Deadwood being near the top, but man I hated to see it end the way it did...it seemed to just stop with no ending...
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Shows:
    Cheers
    Seinfeld
    30 Rock
    Breaking Bad

Movies:
    The Blues Brothers
    Caddyshack
    Animal House
    Raising Arizona
    Sling Blade

Yeah, I guess I like comedies. Had to add a non-comedy to each list so I don't come off as a complete goofball lol
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Heavy:
    Shows:
    Cheers
    Seinfeld
    30 Rock
    Breaking Bad

Movies:
    The Blues Brothers
    Caddyshack
    Animal House
    Raising Arizona
    Sling Blade

Yeah, I guess I like comedies. Had to add a non-comedy to each list so I don't come off as a complete goofball lol
    I'm a huge Belushi fan and Caddyshack is way up there on my favorite movies list.Right now I'm actually wearing a "college" shirt just like Belushi wore in Animal House.
  • Options
    "Christ. Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the f*cking Peace Corps"

Awesome! There were a ton of awesome movies, esp comedies, made during that late 70s - early 80s timeframe including another favorite I forgot to mention: Vacation.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    CvilleE:
    Luko:
    I'm with u on Deadwood being near the top, but man I hated to see it end the way it did...it seemed to just stop with no ending...
    I agree about the ending. My understanding is that there was supposed to be at least one more season, but there was a dispute between producers and HBO. Then, I read that they negotiated to do a two-hour movie to wrap it up, but by then, the cast had all moved on to other projects and weren't interested in coming back.
  • Options
    I am a huge professional wrestling fan and my fav is Monday Night RAW. I also love The Big Bang Theory. My favorite movie of all time has to be Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail. Anything by Mel Brooks is great too.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    CvilleE:
    Luko:
    I agree about the ending. My understanding is that there was supposed to be at least one more season, but there was a dispute between producers and HBO. Then, I read that they negotiated to do a two-hour movie to wrap it up, but by then, the cast had all moved on to other projects and weren't interested in coming back.
    HBO seems to find a way jack up some of the better series...Rome I feel was the same...they rushed to the endin of that one as well, due to dispute and production cost issues....
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    Luko:
    CvilleE:
    Luko:
    HBO seems to find a way jack up some of the better series...Rome I feel was the same...they rushed to the endin of that one as well, due to dispute and production cost issues....
    Agree, but I think Rome was like Deadwood in that they just didn't continue for additional seasons (cancelled the series so to speak), so it was just left hanging with no ending. I know for a fact that's what happened to Carnivale which I thought was a fantastic show. I hated that it ended with so much more story left to tell.
  • Options
    IrishAJIrishAJ Posts: 135
    The Office, Big Bang Theory, Angry Beavers and New Girl.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Too many to list all so just my #1's.

TV Show: 24

Movie: The Dark Knight & Pulp Fiction
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Too many to list all so just my #1's.

TV Show: 24

Movie: The Dark Knight & Pulp Fiction
    + 1 on Pulp Fiction....Uma Thurman does things for me brother!! Say what again....they speak English in what? LOL
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Tv: Battlestar Galactica, Dr. Who
    Movies: The Matrix, SAW, Planet of the Apes
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    movies: Reservoir Dogs, Memento, Fight Club
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Been watching s ton of supernatural on netflix. Amazing show.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    TV: Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, The Wire
    Movies: Goodfellas, The Departed, The Dark Knight, ****, Fargo
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I think the Weather Chanel is the best thing on TV, although I really enjoyed the BBC series ROME. The wife got the whole thing for me a year or so ago, and I still pull it out and watch from time to time.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    The Sopranos
    Deadwood
    Game of Thrones
    Pulp Fiction ( Oh I'm sorry , did I break your concentration ??? )

The Mentalist
    Revenge

Just to throw out a few .
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Airwolf
    Oh f*ck yeah!