Home Non Cigar Related
Options

anyone own a .........

Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
lazy boy chair??
i just sat on my sofa and went straight through it lol
it was just a wooden frame 2 seater sofa. its about 5 years old and its had a lot of abuse. (think teenager + girl + locked door)

anyway its time for a replacement as its probably not worth repairing, (it would need the dowels drilling out and re doing, plus several planks replaced. if i cant find a job soon i supose ill have the free time to do it so might aswell)

soo, ive not really got the need for a 2 seater sofa at the moment, so i think it might be that time that comes in every guys life where he thinks he needs a big f**k off comfy chair.
the question is do i save up and drop $2000 on a lazyboy or spend 10 bucks on a stool and 1900 on guns, cigars, alcohol and women??

over to you

Comments

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    sit on the floor and spend 500 on each
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    You could sit on the floor and spend the whole 2000 on the good stuff........
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Great minds think alike.............
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    futon
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    i don't have one, too expensive. my parents have a recliner from them, nice but too firm of leather for me. I have, crap, not sure who makes it but it's a leather couch and I bought a love seat and chair with it and love it. Leather is soft and super comfy. I dropped 3500 for the set but love it. that was 7 years ago
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    you guys are nuts...

Bean bag chairs! Nothing is as fun as chilling in your bean bag chair, smoking a stogie and listening to some good tunes.
  • Options
    jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    I have a lazyboy couch and a chair. Love them both, comfortable as hell. Had them now for just over four years and they still both feel like the day I got them. A bit pricey sure, but worth every penny. I firmly believe you get what you pay for.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    jasonusa1:
    I have a lazyboy couch and a chair. Love them both, comfortable as hell. Had them now for just over four years and they still both feel like the day I got them. A bit pricey sure, but worth every penny. I firmly believe you get what you pay for.
    exactly. I have both, as well, and they are amazing. FORTUNATELY mine was a gift (my man-chair) so I was spared the bill. I will say this, if you want to really own a part of your house, get a la-z-boy. My wife and kids won't even think of sitting in my chair. It's dad's chair and they know better. It's awesome. lol
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Thrift stores are the way to go. I have a couple in my Cave paid between $50 and $80 for them but they are comfy. I'm cheap what can I say guess thats why the Vintage 2002 is one of my favs.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Thrift stores are the way to go. I have a couple in my Cave paid between $50 and $80 for them but they are comfy. I'm cheap what can I say guess thats why the Vintage 2002 is one of my favs.
    damn nice find. my mother is a manager at a good will store and all she has turned me onto were horrible. and they were priced more than 50.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    second hand is the way to go for things like that. Check out your local craigslist
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    craigslist?
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Andrew Dzikoski:

most local places sell the ones in good shape for $100-200, but i was helping a buddy move who bought two at a yard sale for $80

OchoZacho:
    craigslist?

for those who dont know its a big free website that acts similarly to the for sale adds in a paper its a .org site with No pop ups or paid advertisements. i have sold many many cars via craigslist.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I have a lazyboy sectional sofa that I got off of craigslist for a steal, $1000 for a $4500 sofa. That thing is amazing
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I broke the futon I used to sleep on... It was a really good looking piece of furniture, but the problem is that I weigh 542,389 lbs, and the frame was made of wood. Should have gotten a metal frame. Would LOVE a La-Z-Boy, but I don't think my fat ass would ever get out of it.