Home General Discussion

spanish cedar

bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
I'm going to convert my coolidor from holding boxes to custom trays. Does anyone have a nice online source for ordering spanish cedar? So far I haven't found anything that's any better than my not-so-local hardwoods supplier. I'd appreciate any links or pms. Thanks.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta:
    +1

I ordered some Spanish cedar from them in the fall. Their local store didn't have enough in stock so they ordered more in and cut it for me. I spoke with them on a Friday and they had everything cut and ready for me the following Wednesday.
    Great service, very helpful staff, and very competitive prices .... I'd recommend them as well.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't it have to be "Kiln Dried"?
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Great people to work with. I've purchased from them and if I get a new/bigger winecooler, I'll return for more spanish cedar. Hope it helps.

http://www.woodprojections.com/

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KCW:
    I'm not sure if it has to be kiln dried, I would just assume you want it dry so the cigars don't get over saturated...also I've not heard of any type of spanish cedar other than "kiln dried" but I'm certainly not an expert on the subject.

Also, the spanish cedar I got from woodcraft was kiln dried. I think on their website it did not specifically say "kiln dried" but I asked the folks in the store about this and they assured me it was.
    Also when I got the wood it was very dry and looked/felt/smelt just like the wood in my other humis.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    bigharpoon:
    I'm going to convert my coolidor from holding boxes to custom trays. Does anyone have a nice online source for ordering spanish cedar? So far I haven't found anything that's any better than my not-so-local hardwoods supplier. I'd appreciate any links or pms. Thanks.
    http://www.woodnshop.com/Hardwood/SPANISH_CEDAR.htm
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    KCW:
    I'm not sure if it has to be kiln dried, I would just assume you want it dry so the cigars don't get over saturated...also I've not heard of any type of spanish cedar other than "kiln dried" but I'm certainly not an expert on the subject.

Also, the spanish cedar I got from woodcraft was kiln dried. I think on their website it did not specifically say "kiln dried" but I asked the folks in the store about this and they assured me it was.
    Also when I got the wood it was very dry and looked/felt/smelt just like the wood in my other humis.
    Sweet!