Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Nub Dub

Tried my first one last night. Purchased 10 in the sprint sale. They arrived Tuesday and after a couple days in the humidor it was time to give one a try. I think it is billed as a fuller body, but I would not classify it that way. More of a medium full and closer to medium. At first I would say it was like smoking a dark chocolate candy bar. This flavor remained throughout the cigar. I would pick up spice here in there but it never overpowered the dark chocolate flavor, but just made it go a different direction. Overall a good relaxing smoke. Perfect for after work on a Friday.

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this review, my friend. You just convinced me that I ought to try one today. I'm looking forward to all that chocolate flavor.
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    Yes! I think this and AAA are some of the best representations of a chocolaty cigar.

I need to find more Nub Dubs. Looking to do a trade? My humi is too full to keep buying. lol
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I FINALLY got a few of these about a week ago... anything Double Maduro is on my must have list...

I haven't tried it yest, but based on the feedback here, I'm gonna love it...

And based on Krieger's comments, I think I need to revisit the AAA as well... Thanks Guys!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I love that chocolate taste in a cigar
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, me too, chocolate is one of my favorite cigar flavors. These sound like great cigars I just wish they weren't in such huge ring gauges. I'm not a fan of 60 rg, I can't seem to get them to burn evenly and they don't feel right for some reason. In a smaller ring the Torano Exodus Gold has some nice chocolate flavor.
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    To get it to burn better, slower, longer, more frequent puffs and a few hours of dry boxing. Actually even a solid day wouldnt hurt.

I love huge ring gauges. burns sooooo cool and tasty.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The Nub Dub is one I would smoke again. The first one I tried really put me in a good mood. A long drive, an iced coffee, Warren Haynes on the radio, and the N.D. This cigar really made my day.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    kaspera79:
    The Nub Dub is one I would smoke again. The first one I tried really put me in a good mood. A long drive, an iced coffee, Warren Haynes on the radio, and the N.D. This cigar really made my day.
    the nub dub was a little weak and one dimensional IMHO. That being said, the rest of your morning sounds awesome. Love me some Warren. Especially old Mule back when Woody was around.
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    I've liked every Nub I've tried and been wanting to have one of these. I really like the Nub Plus Habano which is also part of their Special line with the Nub Dub.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    The Nub Dub is one dimensional. It is a one dimensional maduro which it was I was hoping for. A maduro cigar taste in the mouth without being full. A big relaxing cigar when you want to just hang with the boys (girls).