Home Non Cigar Related
Options

moms 85th birthday

jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
bil picked me up for a scheduled birthday party for my mom at her nursing home in pearland today from 2-4. wasnt sure all my brorthers and sisters would come but they did, and some other older relatives from port lavaca that was my mothers sisters daughters and my sister had someone cater it and had a private room set aside but everyone in the home was invited, a women that helps take care of my mom fixed her up something great and we walked her into the big room on the way to the party where she was stoped and the whole place sang happy birthday which brought my mom to tears and me also, she has demtia and seem to back off today atleast for the day as my mom seem to remember people she grew up with and the family, she made the whole 2 hours before she needed to go back to her room but thank the lord we were able to all come together today for her 85th birthday, what a great day today was, love you mom! lots of pictures were taken but havent got any back yet, just glad we we able to include all the people living in this assisted living also to bring a smile to their face also.

Comments

• Options
    jasonusa1jasonusa1 Posts: 729
    This is so cool jj, sounds like your mom had a great birthday. Really siked for you and your family all getting to share this. It's the little things..
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear your family had a great day together. Happy 85th to your mom.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Does sound like a cool day.. Happy birthday to your mom. Gotta love the old folks .
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Happy birthday to your Mom!!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad her day turned out so well and that you and so much of her family was able to help her celebrate the milestone. Time passes too quickly and if one doesn't take advantage of an opportunity such as this it could be devastating later. Please pass along my happy birthday wishes to her. And thanks for sharing this with us.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Glad for you and your family,sounds like a special day for sure,Big Happy Birthday to your Mom!
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like everyone had a great time. Big love to your Mom on her birthday!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truly heartwarming.
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Thanx for sharing that JJ. It might have only been a couple of hours, but I'm sure it will provide you with a lifetime of memories...
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    85th birthday..WOW...I love reading post like this. Happy for you, your family and your mother. Thank you for sharing with the rest of us.