Home Non Cigar Related
Options

I work ooouuutttt

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
Just figured I would brag, cause I am proud of myself. Started working out today and decided to train for The Bellin Run, which is a huge 6 mile run where people from all over come to compete. My son did it last year and I will be doing it with him this year. Feels good to be doing something healthy..now where did I set my Capt. Morgan.

Comments

• Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I started back before Christmas and have kept at it. Feels good!
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    same here, im trying to get back to my football strength... been hitting my weight bench every day since November. Turning out well! Im able to bench more than my weight again! Feels great.

I still cant run worth a damn tho... I hate running so much... lol
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Thought about it last month. Then I thought about it this month.

Will probably take next month off and not think about it. Just starting out and I dont wanna pull anything you guys! :-D

• Options
    KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    Been working out again since about Sept. Feeling good and getting lean.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:

Will probably take next month off and not think about it. Just starting out and I dont wanna pull anything you guys! :-D

I'll spot you
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    This motivates me....I will commit to buying 16 oz beers instead of 12 oz beers...
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Just got back into it a few weeks ago myself actually. My apartment complex actually has a really nice gym, so that's a plus... though I spend more time with my own set of free weights in my home, or jogging around the neighborhood. More into lifting than anything else. Need to lose weight, but it just isn't gonna happen.
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    according to my coach and weight trainers back in the day, you can lose weight if you lift weights. Your metabolism increases systemically for hours and hours after you stop lifting, and it takes energy to rebuild your torn muscles, as well as increase them in size. Heavy weight, few reps, few sets = bulking up. Light weight, 10-15 reps, 10 sets with each going up in weight by small increments= leaning out and toning up. Snack on celery and peanut butter too... takes more energy to burn the celery than they give your body, plus they are almost pure fiber so they keep your digestive system nice and clean. The peanut butter is a great little supply of protein and good fats.
  • Options
    Krieger:
    according to my coach and weight trainers back in the day, you can lose weight if you lift weights. Your metabolism increases systemically for hours and hours after you stop lifting, and it takes energy to rebuild your torn muscles, as well as increase them in size. Heavy weight, few reps, few sets = bulking up. Light weight, 10-15 reps, 10 sets with each going up in weight by small increments= leaning out and toning up. Snack on celery and peanut butter too... takes more energy to burn the celery than they give your body, plus they are almost pure fiber so they keep your digestive system nice and clean. The peanut butter is a great little supply of protein and good fats.
    ants on a log (celery, pb and rasiens) is what I ate as i typed this thread last night ;D
  • Options
    DynaguyDynaguy Posts: 51
    I've been training regularly for about three decades now. You don't have to lift heavy weights or train for hours at a time. The key is consistancy. I'm 60 now and have no trouble keeping up with my 13 year old son. Once exercise becomes part of your routine, there is no trouble finding time. Belive me, it pays big dividends.
  • Options
    Dynaguy:
    I've been training regularly for about three decades now. You don't have to lift heavy weights or train for hours at a time. The key is consistancy. I'm 60 now and have no trouble keeping up with my 13 year old son. Once exercise becomes part of your routine, there is no trouble finding time. Belive me, it pays big dividends.
    I hope to get there!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:

I'm with you there!
  • Options
    DynaguyDynaguy Posts: 51
    For starters all you need is a decent walking shoes. Just get out for a brisk walk, not run. Easy on the joints and great exercise.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Rhamlin:
    The Sniper:

I'm with you there!

Plus 2
  • Options
    I did two miles today, 13.16 min a mile. Not to shabby for someone who has not worked out in......10+ years and is an ex cig smoker.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    This is one of my favorite / most grueling times of the year. I work out year round, but right about now I start training for the half marathon I run every year. I hope to finish under 2 hrs this year. I have been beating my time every year for the past 5 years.
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    This is one of my favorite / most grueling times of the year. I work out year round, but right about now I start training for the half marathon I run every year. I hope to finish under 2 hrs this year. I have been beating my time every year for the past 5 years.
    very nice man, this will be the first run I have ever been a part of besides sprinting in track during school. I can not wait to piss off all the people when I light up a cigar when I cross the finish line. I just need to figure out what to smoke. It will be a huge milestone for me.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Ive been at it since October 31, I weighed in at 234, as of today I am at 224 and i have increased some good amount of Muscle, Its good to be back at it..... I dont know why I ever stop ! LOL My gol is to be at 215 by april fools day and around 210-205 by the 4th of july PIECE OF CAKE! ROTFLMAO!
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Ive been at it since October 31, I weighed in at 234, as of today I am at 224 and i have increased some good amount of Muscle, Its good to be back at it..... I dont know why I ever stop ! LOL My gol is to be at 215 by april fools day and around 210-205 by the 4th of july PIECE OF CAKE! ROTFLMAO!
    you can do it man. I am at 200 ATM and my goal is to be at 160-165
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Hopefully I can get the ok soon.. Had a few problems this year . between that and the friggin steroids to help it I put on a ton.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I had lost quite a bit a few years ago when the Atkins deal was all the rage, I've actually kept quite a bit of that off, but never finished the job. I'm down 20 pounds since December, to 196 this morning. Shooting for 180. No crazy diets, just 30 minutes a day on the elliptical and watching how many calories I consume. I should say 30 very hard non stop push it as far as I can go on the elliptical, no magazine reading. I haven't felt this good in years.
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    OchoZacho:
    very nice man, this will be the first run I have ever been a part of besides sprinting in track during school. I can not wait to piss off all the people when I light up a cigar when I cross the finish line. I just need to figure out what to smoke. It will be a huge milestone for me.
    People look at me like I'm crazy after a race. I go to my car, change clothes and light up a stogie, it's become a finish line tradition!
  • Options
    deejmemixx:
    OchoZacho:
    People look at me like I'm crazy after a race. I go to my car, change clothes and light up a stogie, it's become a finish line tradition!
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Thats awesome! Having a goal like the run makes it fun and you gain alot of confidence for the run! Having Your son partcipate has to be great! I try to get my wife to work out with me but she doesn't even enteratin the idea! Have you cleaned up your diet? Cleaning up the diet will do wonders. I like taking a Men's one a day too.

My work out yesterday was chest & tri's (3 exercises-3 reps of 15, 10, 8 each), then I jumped rope in boots and utes for 40 minutes, then ran 4.5 miles in boots and utes. Today will be back and bi's, pull-up and abs, then I'll take it easy on the run, maybe 5 miles...no jump rope and I'll treat myself to shorts and tennis shoes. I'm preparing to go to Drill Instructor School so I just slay myself retardedly.
  • Options
    jr_p951:
    Thats awesome! Having a goal like the run makes it fun and you gain alot of confidence for the run! Having Your son partcipate has to be great! I try to get my wife to work out with me but she doesn't even enteratin the idea! Have you cleaned up your diet? Cleaning up the diet will do wonders. I like taking a Men's one a day too.

My work out yesterday was chest & tri's (3 exercises-3 reps of 15, 10, 8 each), then I jumped rope in boots and utes for 40 minutes, then ran 4.5 miles in boots and utes. Today will be back and bi's, pull-up and abs, then I'll take it easy on the run, maybe 5 miles...no jump rope and I'll treat myself to shorts and tennis shoes. I'm preparing to go to Drill Instructor School so I just slay myself retardedly.
    .....dayum.....thats all I can say about that. ya I am trying to watch what I eat. So tough though as I drive for a living so I am snacking....trying to work on not stoping at gas stations ever...lol gummy candy is my downfall.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    well i started working out again. trying to be at 155 by may. hopped on a scale last week and im down to 139.... not good.

at 5'10" and working construction 15- 20 lbs would be nice.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    415:
    well i started working out again. trying to be at 155 by may. hopped on a scale last week and im down to 139.... not good.

at 5'10" and working construction 15- 20 lbs would be nice.
    You need to eat some Bacon Triple Cheeseburgers, Fries, And a chocolate shake.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    wish it were that easy. i tried the fast food diet. and all it did was make me feel like i was going to die.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Nice topic, I've been working out since last month, I'm just trying to build strength lose weight and have more endurance to be able to work harder and of course be more active
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    415:
    wish it were that easy. i tried the fast food diet. and all it did was make me feel like i was going to die.
    Yeah, unfortunately it just isn't that easy. If you want to put on weight, in the right way... it's all about protein. Really high protein diet. There are some great forums out there for body building that I'm sure have the answers.