Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Fine Writing Utensils

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
I recently just purchased around $75 on just writing utensils and was wondering if anyone has some ideas for really nice pens

I buy them mainly to use at work since some days I tend to write a lot. I like a really nice fine point as I write in my Franklin Covey day planner extensively.

I just purchased a Cross Selectip pen, Pilot G2 Micros, and a Fischer Space Pen

Anyone else know of any better pens (I know of Mont Blanc but I'd rather not spend $200 on a pen, when you can modify a G2 to utilize the $5 Mont Blanc refills)

P.S. I want to get a chrome and gold Arrow pen next!

Comments

• Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Pens are a luxury item that I wish I had a proper use for, but the reality is that despite the fact that I use a massive amount of ink via pen on a daily basis in the pharmacy on a daily basis, I just lose them too easily in the chaos, and using anything other than the stuff drug reps give us... well, it just doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Lasabar:
    I recently just purchased around $75 on just writing utensils and was wondering if anyone has some ideas for really nice pens

I buy them mainly to use at work since some days I tend to write a lot. I like a really nice fine point as I write in my Franklin Covey day planner extensively.

I just purchased a Cross Selectip pen, Pilot G2 Micros, and a Fischer Space Pen

Anyone else know of any better pens (I know of Mont Blanc but I'd rather not spend $200 on a pen, when you can modify a G2 to utilize the $5 Mont Blanc refills)

P.S. I want to get a chrome and gold Arrow pen next!

Hey Lassy Ill tell you what, IMHO you just bought the best, the crosss Selectip,Classic Black is my weapon of choice..... I sold Office Equipment,desks furntiture and Supplys for years in a Really Top Notch Office Supply store in my old home town, I used to go to these HUGE Untied Stationers Conventions with all the latest stuff, and I cant tell you how many swore by the Selectip, especially those oif us that love xtra fine tips..... I have the Classic Black trio... Pen,Pencil, and Selectip.... Fantastic Stuff and really its not all that Pricy when compared to Mont Blanc that reallly is a Status symbol and not as good or reliable as a Cross...Enjoy!
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Honestly, look around for other nicer pens (than the G2) that can use the Mont Blanc refills. There are some others out there. I've found some nice looking no name pens on ebay that are designed just for that purpose.

btw... don't waste your money on the chrome/gold arrow pen. I had one, and after less than a year, it started twisting itself shut with just regular writing pressure on the tip.

I use nice pens because I have artheritis in my hands, and I have really big hands, so I have to have something comfortable to write with... I do a LOT of writing at work.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I've been using the sam Zebra F-701 pen for the past 5 yrs as a Paramedic. The pen cost me $5-6 and refills are around &3-4...
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Toombes:
    I've been using the sam Zebra F-701 pen for the past 5 yrs as a Paramedic. The pen cost me $5-6 and refills are around &3-4...
    Oh yeah for the money ZEBRASAREHARDTOBEAT!
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm... Wish I would have known about the Zebra... Looks nice!

I actually bought a box of Bic FINE point to take to work in my pocket (So if I lose one, no biggie) but I don't like medium points that my work buys
    I bought a box of G2s and Mont Blanc refills to modify and put in them (Didn't know about the other brands out there for the refills)
    I bought the Fischer Space pen.... well because it writes UNDERWATER!
    And got the selectip because I've always loved cross pens, and like the idea of switching out different points and inks
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    The main reasons for buying the Zebra were the fine tip refills and it's stainless steel so I can wipe it down after patient contact. I write on 3-copy run reports and it's a heavy pen so I don't have to exert a tremendous amount of pressure.