Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Pipe smoking

Hi everyone,

I found that I really enjoy the aroma of pipe tobacco and would really like to give it a try.

Can you guys give me a few suggestions on some good pipes and tobacco to try? What should I be looking for?

Thanks,
C

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    There are a couple of related threads if you dig around on these forums. As far as pipes go, I really like Erik Nording pipes, his freehand series especially. There are many good to great pipes out there and a very good pipe can be had for less than you might think. One thing to keep in mind is that a higher price tag does not necessarily make a better pipe, and as the prices climb what you are paying for are aesthetics, a grain pattern, fine carving, etc.

If you are looking for a pleasant aroma, aromatics are where you should start. There are many different flavors out there ranging from slight to heavily aromatic. A good place to start is http://www.tobaccoreviews.com. There you'll find a plethora of reviews that will help you narrow down what you're looking for.
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Barracini makes some good inexpensive pipes. RLP6 and 1Q are from lane limited and 2 of the worlds most popular.