Home General Discussion
Options

THE RESULTS ARE IN: Cigar.com Community Sampler

Comments

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Excellent list! I'll take 10 of each, please.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Now we have to wait for Alexxxx....
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Very nice.. Thanks for the hard work, I appreciate that.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    awesome list cant wait to get the sampler
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Just remember that we probably wont get every single one of our top 15 sticks that we wanted. I gave him the top 27 choices, so that they have some room to play around and create the best sampler they can. But as I said earlier, if we even get half of the top choices, we should all be really happy.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be one heck of a sampler
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    What came first?
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    What came first?
    The egg.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Hey, not bad; I had three in the top 8.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Nice Job! I have tried 9 of the 15 and have found them all to be very good to excellent! I will have to try #10 tomorrow!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    A bunch of my choices were top 10 but there are a few I still need to try, I am sure that 28 of you can't be wrong though.
  • Options
    I am especially excited for this sampler because, as a n00b, I haven't tried most of those cigars, and after reading up on them, this is a super premium collection, that if they get it together, will be an excellent addition to my inventory, and a great way to enhance my palate.
  • Options
    That is going to be an expensive sampler. I will definately buy one though.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    only one of the cigars i voted for is on that list.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    My guess is that if they offer this sampler, it will have 5 or 8 sticks, maybe 12, but it will be pretty expensive. I hope they offer it, though...these guys are pretty good at shaving numbers.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    If I had to guess which...Air Bender?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    have a felling that the t52 and no.9 wont make it into a sampler...
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I had 3 make it on the list
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    Same here and that's a nice list of cigars too so maybe they can put something together with some of those. Pretty cool they're even considering it though.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    jimmyv723:
    Direwolf:
    Same here and that's a nice list of cigars too so maybe they can put something together with some of those. Pretty cool they're even considering it though.
    Just remember that those are the top 15, and I sent Alex a list of the top 27 (anything with 7 or more votes). So if they can't put something in the sampler, they can get go to the next best selection and choose that one. They are amazing all the way down -I am sure they will be able to come up with something great. If you go to page 4 of this thread, I posted a link for the file that I sent to them.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Ken Light:
    kuzi16:
    If I had to guess which...Air Bender?
    The one you sent me for the CA SS was great Kuzi. I found more to go with it.
  • Options
    Any news on a sampler? Has Alex responded yet?
  • Options
    Nothing yet. I am sure it takes a little time working out a sampler. Plus, they'll need to take pictures, do pricing, etc. I don't know if he will email me back, or if he will post something here, or if CCOM will simply post the sampler up for a special, or something. It's only been a couple days. I am super excited :)
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    I will 100% buy this sampler as soon as it comes out. Is it guaranteed to come out?
  • Options
    I can almost guarantee we will NOT get the top 10 cigars - I mean, if they made it work, it would be incredible, but I think there might be some heavy politics with those sticks. That being said, Alex DID say he would work something out for all of us; so I do think that we will get our sampler. It might be not be the top 10, but that's why I gave him our top 27, so that he could make the best sampler possible for us. I am sure they won't disappoint :)
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    I can not wait. There isn't a bad stick in the list. My credit card is waiting
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    slickric:
    I can not wait. There isn't a bad stick in the list. My credit card is waiting
    +14
  • Options
    This sampler is going to have to include some sort of warning label about smoking on an empty stomach.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    What they've done with forum exclusive opportunities in the past is chime back in on the original thread or create a new thread giving us all a heads up what is being offered and that it's ready. If we are interested further we email or call our rep. Some brands are price protected so they have to mix those in with brands that they can put on sale to create a sampler at a discounted price overall.

Thanks for spearheading this survey oldsoulrevival, great idea!!!