Home Non Cigar Related
Options

UPDATE ON MY MOM

Hi friends, I am posting an update on my mothers condition. She cant seem to catch a break. SHe was taken back t the hospital this weekend in extreme pain from her broken arm. Finally after our confusion at the lack of speed and attention the orthopedics doctors have shown we finally got her into see a REAL orthopedic Surgeon for an examination. We now know that the shattered Humorous bone has shifted and caused a total dislocation of her shoulder. Surgery is scheduled for money after she is off Blood thinners for s few days.
In a younger person they would do a total joint replacement, but due to her age etc. they will use plates and screws and she will have a limited amount of Range of motion. We hope she can get through this surgery and on the road to recovery. all this has seriously slowed any rehabilitation she had been getting and her heart is still a major issue. Thank you for your continued Prayers.

P.S. thanks to the GREAT OBAMA CARE her insurance through Medicare /Medicaide has been drastically cut and Time is of the essence in her healing or she will be Racking up Major Debt. Hows that for CHANGE!

Comments

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Hang tough sir, Hoping nothing but the best for your mom and you. Will send all the positive energy I can spare your way.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I hope that things turn around for her. I'll be sending good thoughts
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Oz. Hope things take a better turn for you all.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Sorry for the bad time your mother is having, my prayers are with your mom and you and your family.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    You and your mom have my prayers.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    still in my prayers!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I wish here take safe, speedy surgery and recovery.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saddened to hear your mom is still doing so bad brother, pray things turn around for her.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Prayers brother
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I wish here take safe, speedy surgery and recovery.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Still prayin Oz, any news?
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    my Mother is in Surgery as we speak, she is having to have plates and screws put in her upper arm to try and get it to heal, her shoulder totally dislocated, shes in severe Pain. Its a hairy deal with her other health issues shes in bad shape.
    Thnaks for the prayers guys Ill keep you updates.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I continue to keep your family in my prayers Oz.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    You and your family are still in my prayers. Sending positive vibes your way.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    hope everything turns out safe and ok
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Mom survived her Surgery... at 76 she got a 3 inch plate and 6 screws in her upper arm to mend the massive break. her shoulder is back in the socket.. she is still in alot of pain and is resting , and now knows about the love affair I used to have with major Pain killers ! LOL Shes not making much sense and is on another planet but resting..... we are praying for her speedy recovery from the surgery so she can get back to rehabing her heart...... MOMS A TRUE WARRIOR..... DAMN!
    Thanks for the great thoughts and prayers.... and your continued support!
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Mom survived her Surgery... at 76 she got a 3 inch plate and 6 screws in her upper arm to mend the massive break. her shoulder is back in the socket.. she is still in alot of pain and is resting , and now knows about the love affair I used to have with major Pain killers ! LOL Shes not making much sense and is on another planet but resting..... we are praying for her speedy recovery from the surgery so she can get back to rehabing her heart...... MOMS A TRUE WARRIOR..... DAMN!
    awesome bro, thanks for the update and hope her recovery go's well
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    awesome bro, thanks for the update and hope her recovery go's well
    .. Indeed Ozzie. Mom must be tough if she raised sons. I know mine is.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    Glad to hear this OZ, it sounds to me like your mom can now start the healing process.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Good to hear!
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Glad to hear she is doing better!
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:

Glad to hear your Mom made it through ok. Now, with the love and support of her family, she can begin the healing process toward a full and healthy recovery. I'll continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, brother.