Home Non Cigar Related

Here's a great idea! Lets lower the age to vote!!

http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-nuze/2012/jan/18/lowering-voting-age/

My goodness, this is all we need. 16 year olds can't even drive a car correctly (well most), what makes them think they can make a good decision on who to vote for?

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    djbeenie:
    http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-nuze/2012/jan/18/lowering-voting-age/

My goodness, this is all we need. 16 year olds can't even drive a car correctly (well most), what makes them think they can make a good decision on who to vote for?
    That way they can pay folks like GAGA , Jay Z and Beiber to do young hip commercials and sway the lil idiots to vote for whoever.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    more importantly, many 16 year olds have never drawn a real paycheck, paid a mortgage or rent, bought insurance, or generally have had the responsibility that an average adult has had that helps them understand how the government around them effects their daily life.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    It should be more like driving, there should be a test. A preliminary test of basic knowledge of the constitution, the government, the legal system, etc. to register and then a vote-specific test of knowledge of the issue(s) at hand prior to each vote. And if a 16 year old passes, good for them. If a 30 year old fails, oh well.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Ken Light:
    It should be more like driving, there should be a test. A preliminary test of basic knowledge of the constitution, the government, the legal system, etc. to register and then a vote-specific test of knowledge of the issue(s) at hand prior to each vote. And if a 16 year old passes, good for them. If a 30 year old fails, oh well.
    that would NEVER become corrupt according to the views of who is administering the test.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Ken Light:
    I completely agree and would like to add "PAY TAXES"! :)
    djbeenie:
    Ken Light:
    I completely agree and would like to add "PAY TAXES"! :)
    even if it was only "pay income taxes" i would be fine with that. the test thing is WAY to easy to corrupt.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Ken Light:
    that would NEVER become corrupt according to the views of who is administering the test.
    Well yeah, so it might be impossible to implement. I was just speaking in purely ideals.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.