Home General Discussion

Greetings from Iraq

Hello all:

Just wanted to say hello from the Big Kitty Litter Box. Working over here in Iraq and have quite a few cigar smokers over here.

We have two smoking areas here in the Green Zone (IZ..near the American Embassy). One is the higher ranking area and the other is on the roof of our 7 story building. Very nice with overhead cover, BBQ's, cooling fans (misters) and comfortable chairs. Really is a nice place to look out over Baghdad and enjoy a stogie.

Anyway, will try to send some pics of our area and the guys that occupy it.

Be safe all and hope to stay in touch.

Padre (Dennie) - SFC, USA (Retired)

Comments

• dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Right on! Hey we would love to see some photos of the setup there.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, Padre. And, yes, we'd love to hear from you and see some pics. Stick around. Enjoy the BOTL. Great bunch of guys and gals.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    For sure, throw up some pics
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Greetings fellow sandboxer, Up in Erbil here.
  • Erbil??? NICE, very nice ....DOS should have some SWEET stogies...be safe bro, keep your head down.
    I guess a question for all...how do you post pictures?
    Padre
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    I am DOS and i have the biggest collection here. YOU need to keep your head down over there, they like us up here.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padre1953:
    Erbil??? NICE, very nice ....DOS should have some SWEET stogies...be safe bro, keep your head down.
    Padre

Just check out this thread for an explanation: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/71003.aspx. Sorry, you'll have to copy and paste the link. It's a hassle to make it clickable.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    jlmarta:
    Padre1953:
    Erbil??? NICE, very nice ....DOS should have some SWEET stogies...be safe bro, keep your head down.
    Padre

Just check out this thread for an explanation: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/71003.aspx. Sorry, you'll have to copy and paste the link. It's a hassle to make it clickable.

I was just going to post him the same link. Padre, bookmark it. It comes in really handy!
    I'm just a "bit" south of you guys, here in Kuwait. Stay safe up there!

• Good to go...and thanks for the link on picture, etc posting. Have a couple of OLD ones that I will send. Kinda grainy but didn't have that much lighting when they were taken.

To all my cigar smoking friends here...thanks for the warm welcome. Look forward to reading/posting here frequently.

Padre

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear from you brother, keep your head down and be sure to post when you make it back home.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    PM me your address and I'll get the DC3 working on your case!
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all you do for us Dennie. Stay safe!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum brother!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard buddy, stay safe over there.

"Long ashes my friends."

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Baghdad? They told us we left Iraq? Stay safe brother.
  • spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Pardre...Post often.....