Home Non Cigar Related
Options

RCCL Freedom of the Seas

JZJZ Posts: 827
I've booked a cruise on Freedom of the Seas to celebrate 10 years of marriage. We will be taking the western caribbean cruise, Labadee Haiti, Falmouth Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Ive been on 2 other cruises before. Anyone sail on FOS before? Any suggestions on excursions? We are setting sail May 27, 2012 from Port Canaveral.

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make absolutely certain there's a cigar lounge on board. Even after being told by phone that the ship my wife and I were going to be on had one, it turned out not to be true. I had to smoke clear at the @ss end of the ship on the very top deck - where the wind constantly blows a gale. If I were you, I'd request a letter from your cruise line assuring you of it. That way you'll at least have some recourse. I trusted the guy on the phone and had no way to back myself up. Just a word to the wise......
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    It has a connoisseurs club with cigars and all the reviews say they have fine cognac and brandy. We were debating on the Freedom of the Seas and the Carnival Dream. The Dream does not have a cigar lounge at all. The FOS is more exensive but it has a cigar lounge and is a nicer ship. It was the worlds largest until the recent Allure of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas. We have an ocean balcony too which will be nice for cigars and drinks as well!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a balcony as well but smoking cigars on them was prohibited. Good luck.