• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I didn't do anything, but your welcome!
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    With all due respect brother you are attempting to learn and digest what generations of families have been doing for centuries and you are likely to self combust trying to absorb that much info.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    With all due respect brother you are attempting to learn and digest what generations of families have been doing for centuries and you are likely to self combust trying to absorb that much info.
    and to play off of that thought....

.... and every family/person/maker/factory/blender has a different theory on how its done "right" and what effects it.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I know what you are saying and trying to get at, and respect that as well. I am only doing this as much as I can for me alone. This interests me and fascinates me, so I'll push it as far as I can go just for the helluv-it and to hopefully learn a little along the way too. I don't stress when it comes to anything cigars or cigar related, so if it is tough, I'll just let it be for a while until I find the right source to dig deeper again. I do appreciate the concern, really, but I'm not going to go crazy trying to finish it right now, this will just be fun and brilliantly interesting when I can do it, as long as I can :) Thank you though, I really do appreciate it ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    fla-gypsy:
    and to play off of that thought....

.... and every family/person/maker/factory/blender has a different theory on how its done "right" and what effects it.
    That is correct, but I'm not trying to learn the "right/perfect" theory, just a theory that someone is willing to share that I respect and believe is based in truth for said person. I think that many of you guys have taken what I am trying to do "wrong", meaning that I am trying to do this "perfect" research and theory and to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. That works well in science, but NOT well in art. Tobacco growing, aging, fermenting, rolling, etc etc is just as much art as it is science. There is no "right" theory/answer, just several answers that are "right" for the person that it comes from, ie. Christian Eiroa, AJ Fernandez, Kelner etc etc to name a few. I'm trying to get as much science as is REASONABLE involved to try to BETTER understand the art that it is, not to prove or disprove anything else. I'm only doing this because I love this and it fascinates me, not to be a reference guide printed and stocked in every growers and blenders personal library, just my own library because I get a kick out of it, and it applies to me (since it is MY personal tastes that I am using as a control). I appreciate the concern guys, but it seems that my main idea has been taken in-accurately which has caused a lot of doubt. Thank you for the concern, and for those of you just jumping right in and sending me links and info or even more, I TRULY AM GRATEFUL for your support and interest in what I am trying to have fun with! Thanks!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."