Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Death vs Urine....

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
I'm sure I'm just rehashing old news here as I'm sure everyone has heard about the whole "Marines Peeing on a dead guy" story. It what's really sad about this whole story is that opinions are like @ssholes and EVERYONE has one. But, I think my take has been a little different on this whole story. I just have to wonder if we're just a little @ss backwards? Not as Americans, or military vs non-military, or as a race or any particular group of people, but as a species. Are we a little backwards on this issue?

Because nearly every person in media, in person, or wherever I've heard them talking about this seems mostly flabergasted at the idea of urinating on the guy while totally ignoring the large, bleeding hole in the side of his head! I mean, if you just shot the guy in the side of the head and he's laying there blown apart, lifeless on the ground, aren't we past worrying who is peeing on who? Just seems like we, as a species, seem to have a priorities a little backwards! I haven't even heard any complaints from the Afghanistan government or Taliban or anyone about the guy being shot in the head, just the peeing.

Comments

• Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    They place bombs on kids, have them walk up to you, blow themselves and you up. Peeing on their corpse isn't the smartest thing I can think of, but it beats training suicide bombers.

They drag live marines behind trucks to torture them. Piss on them for all I care. I am not standing over there getting shot at and bombed to death. This is a pretty minor party foul compared to the straight up inhumane crap the other side is doing.
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    When you gotta go you gotta go!
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    They distribute videos of themselves cutting off heads of Americans. In Samalia, they dragged our dead soldiers bodies through the streets. Everyday, they do that and worse to their own people. F 'em.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Better than peeing on the ground and polluting the aquifers. I hope he aimed for the hole in the head.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I don't condemn the Marines for what they did, however I do think that as A representative of our great country they should of at the very least had the manners to not video themselves urinating in public.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    RBeckom:
    I don't condemn the Marines for what they did, however I do think that as A representative of our great country they should of at the very least had the manners to not video themselves urinating in public.

Have you ever hung out with any Marines? Just so that isn't taken the wrong way... it is dripping with sarcasm! Who cares where they piss or if they video tape it. I can guarantee it is not the dumbest thing there is video of. I am just glad they fixed the supply lines and gotten them some good bottled water. They are apparently well hydrated.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh don't get me wrong. I'm with you guys on this one. I could really care less who they pissed on. And yes, I know more Marines than I can count. Just speaking to the reaction of most people we've all seen and heard. Doesn't the whole situation seem kind of @ss backwards?
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I hope the Marines kill them all, let God sort them out.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Funny how a few service members are getting a bad rap for urinating on dead terrorists, but no one says a damn thing when the violent Muslims blow people up, stone their family members for being rape victims, raise their kids to be suicide bombers and racists, or use people or mosques as shields.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I saw this story on the news, and my response was . . . "I really don't care". It's a war zone, as Patton (Eisenhower?) said, "War is hell". Civility is a virtue for civilians, not those who face death every day and see their friends blown up. Lesson for next time: Keep pissing, don't videotape it.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    it's not like they went and shot a bunch of kids and are pissing on them. it's war, it's not fair, nothing's fair in war. i pee on my feet when I get athletes foot, shame on me.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I am an active duty Marine and thought I'd share my opinion.

I am torn between opinions. Not because I back my brother because I always will regardless of outcome, but by what my country thinks. Why would they do such a thing and people promote it? For sport or pleasure? What is to gain from that...really? I would never do what they have done. Personally I would have talked to the guys and told them that taking a life is the last human thing we could ever hold on to, but if the enemy put themselves in the position...it is our job to ensure they meet thier maker and quick. I have more pride in professional killers than immature men with guns. I just hope the senior leadership uses this on how not to act.
  • Options

Although not a Marine, I am a Desert Storm veteran.  Yes, the fact that anyone had to be shot is horrible, and that we send our people over there to do that borders on inexcuseable.

That being said, desicrating any corpse makes the horrible even more so.  It doesn't matter what the enemy has done (as mentioned, child suicide bombers etc.) we have no right to sink to their level.  We are supposed to represent the "higher ground" in all this, and  urinating on someone's father's or son's dead body is the exact opposite of that, and in no way should be tolerated.  Throw the book at them, and if the victim's families can be found, apologies are in order.

I'd also like to say to anyone who thinks it isn't a big deal, how would you like to be cruising you tube and catch video of someone, anyone, urinating on your son's or daughter's body?

• Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    RBeckom:

Have you ever hung out with any Marines? Just so that isn't taken the wrong way... it is dripping with sarcasm! Who cares where they piss or if they video tape it. I can guarantee it is not the dumbest thing there is video of. I am just glad they fixed the supply lines and gotten them some good bottled water. They are apparently well hydrated.

It's bad enough that our Marines are in A situation where the taking of lives is necessary but there is never A situation where the desecration of the dead is even remotely acceptable behavior from the country that has the role of policing the world. We as A people are better than this.