Options

Anyone take inventory of their stash?

2»

Comments

• Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Salem:
    camgfs:
    My "stash" will average about 200 to 300 sticks (give or take). I used to write them down until I tried making a list from memory. What I found out is this:
    Within a stick or two, I can name every brand, the size and how many of each without a list!
    It does help that I check on the humidors and rotate the sticks about once a month and count how many I have left. That is faster and easier for me (and way more fun) than keeping a list.

I started an "online journal" of my thoughts/reviews of cigars some time ago. College sucks up all of my spare time, so I never completed it. Maybe I can find a link to what I started........aha, here it is:

cam's cigar journal

The journal is in flash, so it won't work on most mobile devices. This was just for testing animation software anyway.

Awww man is that ever cool!!!! I vote you finish it!! I would NEVER know how to make such a wonderful thing. That is really, really nice.
    Thank you for the compliment. We haven't covered anything like that in college, and we probably won't. School is all about the "business model" and "best practices". I prefer to do the fun stuff, like building web applications. I'm hoping to put it all together when I graduate and maybe find work.
    Maybe on my "reading week" in March I might have a bit of time to fix up the online journal.

• Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    camgfs:
    My "stash" will average about 200 to 300 sticks (give or take). I used to write them down until I tried making a list from memory. What I found out is this:
    Within a stick or two, I can name every brand, the size and how many of each without a list!
    It does help that I check on the humidors and rotate the sticks about once a month and count how many I have left. That is faster and easier for me (and way more fun) than keeping a list.

I started an "online journal" of my thoughts/reviews of cigars some time ago. College sucks up all of my spare time, so I never completed it. Maybe I can find a link to what I started........aha, here it is:

cam's cigar journal

The journal is in flash, so it won't work on most mobile devices. This was just for testing animation software anyway.

Thats cool!
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    camgfs:
    Salem:
    camgfs:

cam's cigar journal

Awww man is that ever cool!!!! I vote you finish it!! I would NEVER know how to make such a wonderful thing. That is really, really nice.
    Thank you for the compliment. We haven't covered anything like that in college, and we probably won't. School is all about the "business model" and "best practices". I prefer to do the fun stuff, like building web applications. I'm hoping to put it all together when I graduate and maybe find work.
    Maybe on my "reading week" in March I might have a bit of time to fix up the online journal.

Please let us know whenever you do finish it. I love it!!
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    by "STASH" you do mean cigars.....right?
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave it a try once but I never could remember to do it when I put my sticks in. So I gave up. If I want something different I just go digging.
  • Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    When I first started I keep a list I just used excel and had like 10 columns of info the prob is I started getting so many so fast its been hard to keep up. It is really nice though when your ready to bomb someone and you can look through your list and know exactly what you have that they want/wish for however.
  • Options
    Teege:
    When I first started I keep a list I just used excel and had like 10 columns of info the prob is I started getting so many so fast its been hard to keep up. It is really nice though when your ready to bomb someone and you can look through your list and know exactly what you have that they want/wish for however.
    That's the reason I thought it would be handy.
  • Options
    slickric:
    Why, of course!! LOL!!
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    Salem:
    slickric:
    Why, of course!! LOL!!
    :)
  • Options
    KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    Well darn it. I thought that I finally found an easy hobby. Being the organizer that I am and the fact that my good friends on cigar.Com (this is code for "you guys") have now planted the idea in my head, I guess I will now be keeping an inventory. Excel will be my tool of choice. Thanks buddy's :-)
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    There are mobile apps for it too. Rate my cigar was the best one I could find when I tried to keep up with it. Maybe ill try again, if I have to start my collection over.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Too lazy.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    I too used to keep a spreadsheet but after time I have fallen away from it. I just know what I have in the box. I like the idea of looking through the box from time to time and coming across a stick that I have forgotten about. HA! I always get a smile on my face when I see the date on the sticker when it arrived here at home. I just need to work on making a faster selection on what I want to smoke. :D
  • Options
    Right now I guess I'm just having fun learning about all the cigars. I like to read reviews on them, and read what is said about them in the for sale cigar section of cigar.com. I just want to learn all I can.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I thought I was bad; my stash is about 380ish. I keep a loose count with a spreadsheet, but it could be +/-10 or so. I don't feel as bad now after seeing 3000 from one of you....

My coolderdor is 'organized' by throwing everything in to a giant pile (when it's not in a box). so I need a rough idea of what I have lest I start buying things I already have (not that that's a bad thing in most cases).
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm pretty **** about my inventory. I keep a spreadsheet for each humi/cooler. I have what is in there, date I got it and how much I spent/how I got it (pass/trade/bomb). I have another spreadsheet for each different stick I have had. I keep track of what the stick was, when I got it, when I smoked it, the cost/bomb/trade/etc., and what I thought about the stick. I then color code those into different categories: try again, will buy, want a box, never try again. I also keep each band from every cigar in a bag, just in case I ever want to do anything with them again. I guess I could be worse.

Rob
  • Options
    Bobbo2009:
    Yeah, I'm pretty **** about my inventory. I keep a spreadsheet for each humi/cooler. I have what is in there, date I got it and how much I spent/how I got it (pass/trade/bomb). I have another spreadsheet for each different stick I have had. I keep track of what the stick was, when I got it, when I smoked it, the cost/bomb/trade/etc., and what I thought about the stick. I then color code those into different categories: try again, will buy, want a box, never try again. I also keep each band from every cigar in a bag, just in case I ever want to do anything with them again. I guess I could be worse.

Rob
    Uh huh, I can understand all that!!
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    My stash is pretty small, so I could probably tell you what I have just off the top of my head. I just started buying cigars and keeping them in the past couple weeks, so I am being careful about my purchases. The only bigger purchases I have so far are from Cigarsprintsale, because I got some ridiculous deals on some of my favorite cigars.

Of the top of my head:

10 Man o War Ruination Belicosos

15-20 La Aurora Preferido Maduro no.2 untubed

5 My Father

2 Macanudo Vintage Maduro 1997

3 Cohiba Puro Dominicanos

3 Graycliff Avelino Lara 80th PG

2 La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero

2 Camacho Corojo

2 Illusione Epernay

2 Arturo Fuente Hemingway

1 Black Market