Home General Discussion
Options

The Paradox of Choice

You have a large selection of cigars to smoke that you've never tried, and you want to try all of them, and are so excited about each one that when it comes time to choose one to smoke, it's next to impossible to make a choice from all of your possible choices.

So tell me, dear friends, what am I smoking tonight?

Comments

• Options
    I'm thinking black market. Great smoke but it's not so high end you will be sad you smoked it already
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    If I were reaching into that humidor this very minute, my hand would go for the Illusione. Can't say why, just feel like it would.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    i would choose illusion, my father, black market
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    It's too hard, I can't do it!!!
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Go with the Mi Amor
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I can never say no to Epernay...
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that mac looks tasty
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    cohiba
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    in that situation i will almost always go with the mild selection first.

i dont wanna accidentally age that one too much....

doesnt really make sense in the grand scheme of things.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    xIcedGuardianx:
    I'm thinking black market. Great smoke but it's not so high end you will be sad you smoked it already
    I agree. The Black Market is one that, IMHO is great ROTT. I say this because I've had a few of the others fresh and with age and I would take the AB fresh over the others, and I don't know how much time the others have had in your humi.
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    OchoZacho:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    I agree. The Black Market is one that, IMHO is great ROTT. I say this because I've had a few of the others fresh and with age and I would take the AB fresh over the others, and I don't know how much time the others have had in your humi.
    i agree 100%
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    OchoZacho:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    I just got my humidor about 2 weeks ago... most of my cigars have either had 2 weeks or less than a week in the humidor. I am fairly new to having my own cigars - I've smoked a lot before, but they were always a friend's or a single purchase from a B&M. I am just starting my collection. Maybe I will do the black market tonight. It's super cold out, and I will be by a fire with some scotch, so it'll either be BM or I am going with the Camacho.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    docbp87:
    I can never say no to Epernay...
    Nor can I, love them!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Black Market jumped off the page when I saw it. I like those a lot
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Ken Light:
    If I were reaching into that humidor this very minute, my hand would go for the Illusione. Can't say why, just feel like it would.
    That's where mine would go.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    La Aroma. Pepin + Ashton = can't go wrong.
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    I ended up smoking the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor. Here is what I said about it in another thread:

I just smoked a La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor - started off as a decent cigar, ended as a fantastic smoke. I smoked it till I couldn't hold it any longer, and the feeling after the smoke was wonderful. Great flavor through and through, and the constrction was one of the best I've seen in a long time. I highly recommend it. After I smoked it, I finished off a bottle of George T Stagg with my brother.... I am now drunk. True story.

Just be ready for a "different" kind of smoke. We both commented on how "dry" the smoke was for the first 1/3d, but then it really opened up into something incredibly flavorful and unique. I keep my cigars at 70%, so the "dryness" wasn't from it being physically dry, but rather, the smoke was not "chewy" or "creamy." I would recommend this cigar with coffee, or even a rich meal - the flavors are incredibly and I feel like pairing it well with something makes it shine. We were drinking Hot Toddies at first, and the dryness of the cinnamon in the drink was too similar to the smoke. But like I said, once we got a ways into it, we were both constantly commenting on how great it tasted and how well it was burning. I usually go for thick, chewy, creamy maduros, but this was a pleasant change. Would I make it my every day? no. But I most certainly will have it in my humi for those days when I am craving it. Great cigar.