Home Ratings & Reviews

LHC Dos Capas

Well it has been about a year, so I pulled one out yesterday. For some reason it was a little spongy but it smoked just fine. The problem is i do not know how to compare to a year ago. Now I know why people keep journals. The cigar was very mellow and had great flavor. It was very difficult to figure out what I was tasting. You would get a bitter chocolate taste then It seemed like it tasted like pancakes. There was a hint of spice but it only in the beginning and it did not last long. overall it was a good smoke, i quess I was hoping for something better after a year. I will try it again next year.

Comments

• KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I remember not being impressed with this one. Think I have one left. Should re-visit.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    They were pretty mellow even a year ago. The chocolate/pancake flavor was probably a result of the burn going through the oscuro wrapper then the sumatra, etc. I think they are a decent smoke but I ultimately deemed them not good candidates for aging, unlike the straight up OF which I think become great with age.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    KCW:
    I remember not being impressed with this one.
    Same here. For my money, the regular LHC and the LHCOF are better smokes. Still, this is one of the better barber pole cigars I've smoked, it just lacks a wow factor.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    j0z3r:
    KCW:
    I remember not being impressed with this one.
    Same here. For my money, the regular LHC and the LHCOF are better smokes. Still, this is one of the better barber pole cigars I've smoked, it just lacks a wow factor.
    boom. Nail on the head.