Home Non Cigar Related

anyone else here not care about football?

its all i hear about right now. driving me nuts. i just want to go hang out with some people after work and smoke cigars.

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    asianbiker8:
    its all i hear about right now. driving me nuts. i just want to go hang out with some people after work and smoke cigars.
    I haven't watch a game in forever.. I can't watch sports on tv. If I go to a live event that's different. On tv it just bores me to tears.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I hate pro football, no passion, only money. College football I love.
    One God, One Truth
  • GoatmilkGoatmilk Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    BLASPHEMY!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I can't stand most sports, football included, but it's not a view I normally share with people. They are a bit more interesting live though.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    roland_7707:

See, now there's where we're diametrically opposed - I don't bother watching college football because those kids haven't yet developed the killer instinct. College ball is 'way too tame, IMO.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never been much of a sports fan, I can get into a live game but to Watch it on TV doesn't hold my interest long.
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    While I do enjoy watching the NFL.. Steven Tyler should not sing the Star Spangled Banner.. that was painful...
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    roland_7707:
    +1
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    I enjoy watching part of a game between two good teams, but I couldn't care less who those teams are.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Colonel:
    While I do enjoy watching the NFL.. Steven Tyler should not sing the Star Spangled Banner.. that was painful...
    this was painful video CLICKHERE
  • asianbiker8:
    you took the words right out of my mouth.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I like all sports (except soccer) But I try not to tie myself to any team emotionally. I have been a Cubs fan for forty years.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Russ55:
    I can't stand most sports, football included, but it's not a view I normally share with people. They are a bit more interesting live though.
    +1 Sports are not my thing.

• taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    unless I have some connection to the team (like its a team from my school or something) then i couldnt care less about sports period.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont really watch football, college or pros but do like watchin all the college and pro playoffs and bowls and superbowl
    kaspera79:
    I like all sports (except soccer) But I try not to tie myself to any team emotionally. I have been a Cubs fan for forty years.

I'm sorry

jk bro
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys who don't like football need to start a cigar club for ladies. Bunch of Nancys.
    jsnake:
    You guys who don't like football need to start a cigar club for ladies. Bunch of Nancys.
    THIS
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Football, but Baseball is my passion.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    jsnake:
    It's not that I like or I dislike football. I just can't stand the fanatics who put a game that they don't even play themselves, above everything else. I played football in high school and I was decent at it. But if i'm not playing any certain sport right now, I really don't think about it, or follow it. Just wondering, why does not liking football make someone a lady?
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    You are ALL going to hell!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    ....... but it's not a view I normally share with people. ........
    Goatmilk:
    jsnake:
    THIS
    clearlysuspect:
    You are ALL going to hell!
    And there you go.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    roland_7707:
    "Yeah ... there's NOOOOOOOO money in college football." - Reggie Bush
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of sports at all. Never have been, never will be. Too many better things to do and too many fundamental issues with individual players making millions to play a game while the rest of the country (especially the people watching and supporting them) work their **** off just to squeak by and education in this country is put on the back burner.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i could not find any way to care less about football. i cant wait for the season to be over so i can go back to my favorite bar on sundays without some *** spilling my beer because he is too excited about the game to notice that his elbow is running wild in my space.
    Rob1110:
    Not a fan of sports at all. Never have been, never will be. Too many better things to do and too many fundamental issues with individual players making millions to play a game while the rest of the country (especially the people watching and supporting them) work their **** off just to squeak by and education in this country is put on the back burner.
    I don't to get into an argument or anything, this is just an observation and I only point it out because I see it all the time. When someone does not like sports, they always compare them to huge world and societal issues like hunger and education. Why is that? It makes it sound like sports fans ignore everything going on in the world outside of sports and athletes just kinda get by on accident without working hard.

"I don't like sports because there are too many better things to do." Do you watch movies? They make millions and don't cure cancer. Do you listen to music? Do you allow yourself any form of entertainment? If so, then chances are that whoever created that song or movie or book is making millions of dollars. I mean, does Morgan Freeman or Tom Clancy or Tim McGraw give back more than an athlete? Do they work harder or deserve more respect?

I just find it interesting that people who do not like sports see them and the athletes who participate in them as such a cancer. But every other form of entertainment and those who make millions off of it are ok.
    jsnake:
    while this probably proves some points as to why some guys DON'T like sports, I think it was said in jest and was pretty damn funny!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I enjoy playing some sports, liked being on the Company football team when I was a soldier, I guess it's kind of like sex. I like doing it, but couldn't care less about watching someone else do it.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    I don't to get into an argument or anything, this is just an observation and I only point it out because I see it all the time. When someone does not like sports, they always compare them to huge world and societal issues like hunger and education. Why is that? It makes it sound like sports fans ignore everything going on in the world outside of sports and athletes just kinda get by on accident without working hard.

"I don't like sports because there are too many better things to do." Do you watch movies? They make millions and don't cure cancer. Do you listen to music? Do you allow yourself any form of entertainment? If so, then chances are that whoever created that song or movie or book is making millions of dollars. I mean, does Morgan Freeman or Tom Clancy or Tim McGraw give back more than an athlete? Do they work harder or deserve more respect?

I just find it interesting that people who do not like sports see them and the athletes who participate in them as such a cancer. But every other form of entertainment and those who make millions off of it are ok.

Generally, the music I listen to is more underground and the musicians aren't exactly what I'd call "rich." As for movies, yes, I watch them. Do I think Hollywood is a bunch of BS surrounding people trying to find themselves and getting rich off of us saps? Yes. I don't go to see lots of movies, but do watch TV or DVDs. As I stated first: I'm just not a fan of sports, nor have I ever been. I don't go to the movies and jump around screaming and whistling every time something good happens and I don't allow my week to be ruined if the bad guy isn't stopped in a movie. Nor do I dedicate hours of my time multiple times a week to watching movies or TV. As Kuzi brought up, I've never knocked over someone's beer because I got excited over a movie and couldn't control my bodily movements. Bottom line: just not for me. I have lots of friends who are huge sports fans and I have no problem with it. To each his or her own.
    " I have lots of friends who are huge sports fans and I have no problem with it."

based on the tone of your messages and the way you refer to sports fans, that statement shocks me...