Home General Discussion
Options

Who DOESN'T have to go outside to smoke your cigars?

I don't mind going outside to smoke, I enjoy being outdoors. The only thing is that if the weather is bad, I can't smoke one. I only have steps and eves above my head, so if it's raining, it's a no go. Who here has the pleasure of an outside but enclosed area, or can even smoke inside? Tell me about your smoking area, I'm really interested in what you have to say about it.

Comments

• Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    I am exclusively an outdoor smoker, unfortunately, but I do have the luxury of having an overhang. I'll take some pictures of my places when i get a chance. One of them is on the back of my house, with a space about 10x15 feet that has an over hang. We are going to be putting a porch swing in soon - it should be nice. My favorite thing about it right now is that we take our fire pit and put it on the outside corner, and it heats up that area like you wouldn't believe. Last night I was outside in a T-shirt in 25 degree weather because it was so warm.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    No b& m here so out on the deck I go. It's not that pleasant in the winter but it's better than nothing at all. They just made my appt complex smoke free but hopefully I wont have any problems since the decks are in back
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I smoke inside. Not all the time. I smoke outside if the weathers nice... but usually I smoke in my office.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I''m an outside smoker. I usually drive down to the beach or bay and listen to tunes while smoking. Get to people watch, there are tons of beach deer, plus all the boats you see passing by. Kinda peaceful.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smoke outside at home but inside my B&M's lounge; it is only like 4 minutes away so essentially it is still pretty much in my backyard.
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    The Kid:
    Well Dern Kid, I just can't come up with anything that hasn't been done before, lol!! Don't hit me with no more of them wet noodles!!! LMAO! I'll go back and look at the purdy pictures.......
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salem:
    The Kid:
    Well Dern Kid, I just can't come up with anything that hasn't been done before, lol!! Don't hit me with no more of them wet noodles!!! LMAO! I'll go back and look at the purdy pictures.......
    LOL,,,,,,http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/1/411363/ShowThread.aspx
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have to go outside BUT that is by choice. It is my house and I don't want it smelling like smoke and I don't want anyone else smoking in here either. Maybe one day I'll have a bigger house here I can have a smoking room but right now that is not an option.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Eat your hearts out!

• Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    beatnic:
    Eat your hearts out!

That's it! Im coming down to Bourbon St. and stopping at your place!
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    During the Summer, spring and fall I smoke outside 90% of the time. But during the cold New England winters I smoke inside, and now with my new found bachelor status I smoke inside 10 times more than I use to. I use an exhaust fan in the window close to where and I sit and I have leather couches so that helps.
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    I have a storage shed that I smoke in if its raining and put inability big enough jacket to keep my teeth from chattering, if needed.
  • Options
    cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Inside smoker here thanks to the man cave, during winter and humid summer days. outside when i can but 80/20 outside during good weather. I enjoy movies with a stick and my chic :). Just enjoyed a LFD Double L with Pats game.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i go to my local B&M and smoke inside. does that count?
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    i go to my local B&M and smoke inside. does that count?
    NO!
    Whoop, Wait a sec, was just overruled by the committee, Icpleel and the Cartel. Yes it counts.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    In the winter months I enjoy my cigars upstairs in a vacant bedroom. I have an exhaust system and a good air purifier, and you cannot tell that anyone smokes in that room. In fact, I just painted my man cave this weekend, and am doing a little re-decorating up there. I'll put up some pictures when it's finished.

I will not be made uncomfortable while enjoing a cigar...it's my house too. The best part is that my bride of 36 years not only doesn't give me a hard time, but is very supportive - as long as I insure that there will be no lingering or accumulative smoke odor in the house. That's only fair, and I'm good with it.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDH:
    In the winter months I enjoy my cigars upstairs in a vacant bedroom. I have an exhaust system and a good air purifier, and you cannot tell that anyone smokes in that room.

I will not be made uncomfortable while enjoing a cigar...it's my house too.
    i smoke inside next to my front door wihile online and have the celing fan going, spring and summer i sit outside, is in the 70's here now but been kinda foggy the last few days
  • Options
    jj20030:
    JDH:
    In the winter months I enjoy my cigars upstairs in a vacant bedroom. I have an exhaust system and a good air purifier, and you cannot tell that anyone smokes in that room.

I will not be made uncomfortable while enjoing a cigar...it's my house too.
    i smoke inside next to my front door wihile online and have the celing fan going, spring and summer i sit outside, is in the 70's here now but been kinda foggy the last few days
    That's one of the benefits of living in Texas...but you will pay for it this summer!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I am an outside smoker but have a large open back porch with roof or if really cold I can go in the garage
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    I am an outside smoker but have a large open back porch with roof or if really cold I can go in the garage

Me, too. I prefer to be outside but if it's too windy or cold I have a recliner, reading lamp, heater, etc. in my garage. Not as nice as outdoors but it'll do.
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    fla-gypsy:

Me, too. I prefer to be outside but if it's too windy or cold I have a recliner, reading lamp, heater, etc. in my garage. Not as nice as outdoors but it'll do.
    I've got a covered back porch, enclosed on three sides facing south, but it's just too cold to use it in the winter months here, so I go upstairs to the "man cave" instead. For a while I was using the garage, but this summer I built a storage shed, cleared out the garage, and now both cars are in it.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I don't necessarily have to smoke outside, but I do since my son has asthma. The wife hasn't complained TOO much about me sitting with the front door open and a small fan blowing the smoke outside, though one of my neighbors did come over to ask if the house was on fire...
  • Options
    Toombes:
    I don't necessarily have to smoke outside, but I do since my son has asthma. The wife hasn't complained TOO much about me sitting with the front door open and a small fan blowing the smoke outside, though one of my neighbors did come over to ask if the house was on fire...
    Did you say, "The house is fine, but my hand is burning up!"
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    JDH:
    Toombes:
    Did you say, "The house is fine, but my hand is burning up!"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! It was a Macanudo Cru Royale... I told him I'm a Firefighter, it's a controlled burn.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I smoke in the garage when it's cold when one of those electric parabolic heaters. It works well by roasting me instead of the whole room. That's psuedo-inside, but I only do that in the winter. Anytime the weather is above 45-50, I'll be outside on the deck.