Home General Discussion

C.A. Top 25 Cigars of 2011

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
So I am like most here I think...that being I put little faith in C.A.'s ratings, but I still like to give them a read. I especially like the Top 25 list each year, if only for my personal differences in tasting and to see some sticks I will never be able to try. So I figured I would make a post here where we could discuss the list-----our sticks weve tried, want to try, differences, similar feelings, ect. Soooooo, here I go.

Of this years list (not counting for size, only for specific blend) I have tried 13 of the Top 25 Cigars/I have smoked----Prensado, Mi Amor, Padron 64 Maduro, Patel 15th, Warlock, Fuente Rosado, Ashton ESG, EP Carillo, LGC, La Reloba Sumatra, Oliva V, LFD Air Bender, Camacho Corojo. I have tried 2 Prensados, and thought they were decent, but not great at all----not even Top 25 worthy. I would like to try again now due to this rating, but I have a hard time with this being #1. Mi Amor however I think is fantastic and have no problem with it being high. I also take no issue with high ratings of the Padron 64, Warlock, or Fuente Rosado. I think the Patel 15th was also overrated and thought the EP is also better than averagre but not great. I think the La Reloba was underrated, as it is a really good stick. I also found it very interesting that no Opus X made the list and only 4 Cubans were on it this year.

Thoughts?

Comments

• jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    I actually like the Tempus and Family Blend more than the Prensado. It was a good cigar but didn't really do too much for me.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you musta missed the discussion on this CLICK
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol-----I hate it when Im a moron-----thanks Kuz, I thought someone wouldve done this already ad Im not sure how i missed it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    its cool.
    you went missing for a while and probably missed it. the way the threads move around here if you miss a single day you will have a 100% new front page the next time you log in.
    if you miss a few days...
    good luck finding anything.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Even thought I'm still considered a noob on cigars, or at least I consider myself one, I don't care what these guys put out. Honestly its about who knows who and all politics type. I can't say I don't agree with a few of em, but most of them I don't. I mean how can a person when everyones taste for cigars is different.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Yesterday I finally got around to smoking that Prensado I had in the humi all last year. It was a beli so not the coveted churchill that was the official number 1. I thought is was very good and I will happily smoke more but it was certainly no earth shaker.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Vulchor:
    So I am like most here I think...that being I put little faith in C.A.'s ratings, but I still like to give them a read. I especially like the Top 25 list each year, if only for my personal differences in tasting and to see some sticks I will never be able to try. So I figured I would make a post here where we could discuss the list-----our sticks weve tried, want to try, differences, similar feelings, ect. Soooooo, here I go.

Of this years list (not counting for size, only for specific blend) I have tried 13 of the Top 25 Cigars/I have smoked----Prensado, Mi Amor, Padron 64 Maduro, Patel 15th, Warlock, Fuente Rosado, Ashton ESG, EP Carillo, LGC, La Reloba Sumatra, Oliva V, LFD Air Bender, Camacho Corojo. I have tried 2 Prensados, and thought they were decent, but not great at all----not even Top 25 worthy. I would like to try again now due to this rating, but I have a hard time with this being #1. Mi Amor however I think is fantastic and have no problem with it being high. I also take no issue with high ratings of the Padron 64, Warlock, or Fuente Rosado. I think the Patel 15th was also overrated and thought the EP is also better than averagre but not great. I think the La Reloba was underrated, as it is a really good stick. I also found it very interesting that no Opus X made the list and only 4 Cubans were on it this year.

Thoughts?
    I actually thought the Prensado was an outstanding cigar. I really like it, but I have not had much more on the list to really compare it too.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    djbeenie:
    Vulchor:

Thoughts?
    I actually thought the Prensado was an outstanding cigar. I really like it, but I have not had much more on the list to really compare it too.

I have the Prensado in a robusto vitola and have been very impressed with it.