Home General Discussion
Options

New Wineador - R/H issue, maybe?

So I just got a new Vinotemp 28 bottle and converted to WineAdor and currently monitoring the unit before I put my sticks in it. My question is, are you supposed to plug the cooler up? I have it set at the highest temp which is 65 degrees. I am using around 2 pounds of beads of kittly litter. It stays constant between 61-65% r/h which is great!. So as soon as my cooler gets above 65 degrees temp, my unit turns on as its supposed to do and I notice that R/H drops in the 40%-50% for a few minutes. Is that going to affect my sticks?
As a side note, I have ordered my shelves from wineadors.com. Will these shelves help with maintaining the R/H.
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    djbeenie:
    So I just got a new Vinotemp 28 bottle and converted to WineAdor and currently monitoring the unit before I put my sticks in it. My question is, are you supposed to plug the cooler up? I have it set at the highest temp which is 65 degrees. I am using around 2 pounds of beads of kittly litter. It stays constant between 61-65% r/h which is great!. So as soon as my cooler gets above 65 degrees temp, my unit turns on as its supposed to do and I notice that R/H drops in the 40%-50% for a few minutes. Is that going to affect my sticks?
    As a side note, I have ordered my shelves from wineadors.com. Will these shelves help with maintaining the R/H.
    Thanks!
    Warmer air holds more moisture. When the cooler turns on thats the reason fro the drop. Will it affect the sticks? I don't know. How long does the RH% drop for? If it comes right back to 65% quickly I wouldn't worry too much. But if its doing it all the time, that may be an issue.
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    Might need more beads? The shelves might help retain moisture inside and stabilize the rh much faster once they are installed and good to go.
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    KCW:
    djbeenie:
    Thanks!
    Warmer air holds more moisture. When the cooler turns on thats the reason fro the drop. Will it affect the sticks? I don't know. How long does the RH% drop for? If it comes right back to 65% quickly I wouldn't worry too much. But if its doing it all the time, that may be an issue.
    Yeah I understand that cooler air causes the r/h to go down. It stays under 60% for approximately 10 minutes. But I unsure how ofter the cooler turns on. Should I just unplug it? Or wait until I get my shelves? What do you guys do in the Winter time with your WineAdor?
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    I'm looking at wine coolers right now for the same purpose and My concern is the fans in the back that bring the cold air in are coming from the outside and bringing in air. Doing so seems like it would drop the Rh. I was wondering about making a flap secured on three sides by magnets to seal off where the fan blows in to keep the humidity in. Just a thought, not sure if that's where your issue is coming from.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    djbeenie:
    Thanks!

that's the RH spike I was talking about with compressor units
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    djbeenie:
    Thanks!

that's the RH spike I was talking about with compressor units
    I thought vinotemps are thermo-electric.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    djbeenie:
    KCW:
    djbeenie:
    Thanks!
    Yeah I understand that cooler air causes the r/h to go down. It stays under 60% for approximately 10 minutes. But I unsure how ofter the cooler turns on. Should I just unplug it? Or wait until I get my shelves? What do you guys do in the Winter time with your WineAdor?
    If you don't need the cooling feature of the unit & you can unplug the cooling unit (or maybe switch it) that would obviously fix your issue. Then just use it if it gets too warm (hopefully only from time to time).
  • Options
    Okay I guess I was thinking this was the 28 bottle when in fact it is the 27 bottle which has a compressor. BOO!! Well selling this thing and getting a NewAir which is thermo electric and it has more space. http://www.air-n-water.com/product/aw-280e.htm Thanks for the help everyone.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    djbeenie:
    Okay I guess I was thinking this was the 28 bottle when in fact it is the 27 bottle which has a compressor. BOO!! Well selling this thing and getting a NewAir which is thermo electric and it has more space. http://www.air-n-water.com/product/aw-280e.htm Thanks for the help everyone.
    Good choice
  • Options
    joshvoigtjoshvoigt Posts: 325
    I have the NewAir 28 bottle which is thermoelectric. It does the exact same thing. For a year it so it was perfect temp was 65 rH was 66-70 and then it just started sucking the rH out of it. I have it unplugged now and its working just fine. Only reason I bought it was to keep the temps down in the summer though. I've tried all kinds of things and with no success.