Home General Discussion
Options

Thoughts on the My Father Le Bijou 1922

Smoked my first MF Le Bijou over the weekend and it was pretty darn good. Not sure I can justify the money for them though. I think there are other cigars out there that are just as good or better, for cheaper. Anyones thoughts? Maybe im all alone on this one. I know Shaun Harrison is all balls deep on these, just wanted some other thoughts too.

Comments

• Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Just got one of these (Churchill). Can't wait to try. I paid $8.00 for mine. Is that too much? Guess I'll find out.
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    Ive never had one, or any MF for that matter, but I always hear good things.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got one in the humi. But I'm not willing to smoke it till I break down and get another. I just hope the hype is worth the wait.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I got one in a trade with jj20030.. Am sitting on it till spring or so.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I scored a box on the sprintsale for $78. At that price... these things ROCK. Like a LOT of sticks. If I had to pay MSRP, I would probably find a new hobby.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    mweber:
    Smoked my first MF Le Bijou over the weekend and it was pretty darn good. Not sure I can justify the money for them though. I think there are other cigars out there that are just as good or better, for cheaper. Anyones thoughts? Maybe im all alone on this one. I know Shaun Harrison is all balls deep on these, just wanted some other thoughts too.

The petit robust is the only size I have smoked in the LB, I have the others resting, but it was/is phenomenal, as I mentioned. I got mine for just under $5 a stick but people have fared even better on the sprint...but $5 each is good enough for me until I get a full box qty
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Had my first one the other night and it was an amazing cigar. Was my first My Father other than the La Reloba and it had the usual Pepin spice to it but had such a great mix of other flavors too. The Petite Robusto is about $6 a stick MSRP which is about what stuff like Nubs are and for me even though I really like the Nubs a lot I would take the LB 1922 over one any day.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I bought some of them along with the habanos the year before last. Haven't actually had one yet, but I'm guessing that like most things Pepin, they are good fresh, and after a few years, 2/3+, they'll really start to shine. I've had the habano with 2+ years on it, and it was great. Worth the wait imho, but that may not be for everyone.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    I found that a nice full meal was in order to really enjoy this stick, it has the ability to knock the crap outta ya....
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    MVW67:
    I found that a nice full meal was in order to really enjoy this stick, it has the ability to knock the crap outta ya....
    Agreed. Mine hit me good, not hard per say, but gave me the "nice feeling" for about an hour after smoking
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I had my first MF this summer. Since then I have bought two boxes. One of the best brands out there in my opinion.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    I scored a box on the sprintsale for $78. At that price... these things ROCK. Like a LOT of sticks. If I had to pay MSRP, I would probably find a new hobby.
    That's a great price for sure. I had one when they first launched, not really a fan of them.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    i haven't tried the my father le bijou, hopefully that will change by this weekend