Home General Discussion
Options

Went to a REAL Cigar store today

I had to go out of town today, so while I was there, I decided to try a cigar shop that was in a mall. As I have said here before, I've been disappointed a couple of times trying to find a real cigar shop and wound up in a glorified cigarette store. Well, this was the REAL deal. A place devoted to cigars and all things associated with cigars. It smelled like cigars and someone was smoking one! The salesperson was very helpful and showed me the cigars I wanted to see. I didn't have much time so I had to scoot on out of there, but it was very nice. I'm glad for the experience.

Comments

• Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice to find the real deal, great to have place to fall back on!!! Was in Naples FL, and found some outstanding places also....
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    salem, check your mailbox.
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    JDH:
    salem, check your mailbox.
    Just checked. :)
  • Options
    Just realized about the title of my post. This post was not to detract in any way from cigar.com. I think this is the best place to buy cigars with much better prices. The "real" meant a place other than the cigarette shops I've only been able to see so far. I just wanted to walk into a real cigar shop as opposed to the stinky cigarette shops, lol!! Just wanted to clarify my post. (no one said they had the wrong idea, I just wanted to make sure).
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Smoking a cigar in a shop in a mall? Man, I need to get out of the northeast.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    Smoking a cigar in a shop in a mall? Man, I need to get out of the northeast.
    Yep, he was really smoking one. :)
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you know, I'm in eastern NC, when you were out of town, were you in my direction. There is a nice cigar shop in Greenville which I've been to, which is small, but the owner is really nice and knows his stuff. The selection was decent.

You don't have to give the name of the place, but what city were you in? Thanks.
  • Options
    havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Walked into a cigar store in Albany NY and asked the guy "Is it okay to smoke in here?" He says "This is a cigar store! Of course." I said "Yeah, but I would expect the state banning smoking in all public buildings, including this one." He says "The day the state bans smoking cigars in cigar stores I will fold up and move the hell out of here forever." I hope he doesn't live to regret that promise. (It's already happened in other places!)
  • Options
    YankeeMan:
    As you know, I'm in eastern NC, when you were out of town, were you in my direction. There is a nice cigar shop in Greenville which I've been to, which is small, but the owner is really nice and knows his stuff. The selection was decent.

You don't have to give the name of the place, but what city were you in? Thanks.
    I was in Fayetteville at Cross Creek mall. I don't mind telling you the name, it's Anstead's Tobacco Co.