Home General Discussion
Options

Being a woman here

When I first came here last month, I was a little nervous about posting because I figured this was a man's forum. The reason being that few women really smoke cigars. I was very interested in trying them and I found this place, posted, and BAM I was given all kinds of good info and what do ya know, I got sent some cigars to try! I was amazed. Since then, I've been bombed a few times and I never cease to be amazed at the kindness that is shown to everyone here and to noobs like myself. I realize now that I should not have been nervous because I have never been made to feel different or bad because I'm a woman smoking cigars. To the contrary, I'm made to feel wonderful here.

When I first came here, I was hoping to find other women here. Only about twice has a woman posted then poof she was gone. But you know what, that's ok, I don't feel out of place at all. Anyway, just wanted to say thank you to all of you and for making me feel at home here. You're all great!!

Comments

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Your welcome.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    You're welcome, you are a SOTL (Sister of the leaf) and we are glad you share a hobby with us, and share your thoughts and interest in cigars. You are a valued member of the forum.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I bet Salem grew up with brothers.
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    JDH:
    I bet Salem grew up with brothers.
    Believe it or not, not a single brother. 3 sisters!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well it's our pleasure to have you here, hopefully someday we'll have more SOTL'S here, it's always great to get a woman's point of view. Other than my wife's that is. :)
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Aw Shucks.....
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    thank you for sticking with it. its refreshing to see a woman who isn't afraid to go against the grain and join us in this smoke filled forum. i would have bombed you a long time ago but i just don't have enough cigars and my reserve is only getting smaller. very glad you enjoy them
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    I don't know about everyone else, but it would be nice if there were more girls around. I love smoking and geeking out over cigars, but it can be a bit of a sausage-fest hobby, and smoking fine cigars with my lady-friends has always held a special place in my heart. So, in response, I am glad you're here! woo!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Glad to have you here with us.. As I told you before, now I comb my hair and put pants on before sitting at the computer. My wife knows something is different here... Shhh !
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Glad to have you on board with us. It was mentioned earlier, and I agree, it's great to have a woman's opinion about our glorious hobby. I've got a couple female co-workers who will have a draw from on of my sticks while we're at work, but they won't have a full smoke with me. They just say they love the smell of a good puro. Anyway, I'm glad we all found each other.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i dont even look at posts in terms of if a woman or a man posted them. i look at the posts as someone who loves cigars. anyone who loves cigars is good in my book.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    kuzi16:
    i dont even look at posts in terms of if a woman or a man posted them. i look at the posts as someone who loves cigars. anyone who loves cigars is good in my book.
    +1 - Can never have too many good people around here. :-)

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I think sexism left at the home page. Don't see anything like that here. I wish my wife would smoke a cigar with me once and a while. But then again that would mean sharing the cigar budget... lol.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    I think sexism left at the home page. Don't see anything like that here. I wish my wife would smoke a cigar with me once and a while. But then again that would mean sharing the cigar budget... lol.
    my wife does now and then. and she has expensive tastes. Davidoff is just about the only thing she likes.
    my advice... keep her out or make her pay for her smokes.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do the posting here, but my wife does enjoy cigars and is willing to try different types. She is not really interested in taking part here, but enjoys it when I share what I've learned from the brothers and sisters on this forum.

As you can see, we are all different here, but we share a common love of cigars and anything to do with them.
  • Options
    IrishAJIrishAJ Posts: 135
    If it makes you feel any better I was nervous about that as well because of the looks I got when going into B&M's with Brett on occasion I was worried that I was crossing the line between men and women. But the guys here truly great guys and they don't care about your gender they just want everyone who enjoys cigars to enjoy cigars.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very glad to have you with us, Salem, your contributions are appreciated. My wife will usually take a few puffs from whatever I'm smoking, but I've never seen her smoke a whole cigar. Of course, she smoke menthol cigarettes, so her taste buds may be damaged, but, she does seem to LOVE the Perdomo "Mistakes", so maybe there's hope! ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    IrishAJ:
    If it makes you feel any better I was nervous about that as well because of the looks I got when going into B&M's with Brett on occasion I was worried that I was crossing the line between men and women. But the guys here truly great guys and they don't care about your gender they just want everyone who enjoys cigars to enjoy cigars.
    Great to see another woman here!
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    awesome that you're here and sticking around salem. the guys here kinda remind me of highschool and all the guys flocking and hovering over the new girls, lol.