Home General Discussion
Options

Tip of my hat to these cigar pics.....what do you use?

I have to say, I'm amazed at the beautiful pics of cigars in all of these posts!!! It's like they belong in some cigar fashion magazine or something. :) I try to make good pics, but I just wind up trying to keep the shadow off, or the shadow of my big head off, or the cat out of the pic, and them being placed on the carpet for lack of a better place. And I can't seem get a good clean focus on them and sometimes is a tad blurry. I want pics like ya'll!!! I have a Fuji Finepix. I guess I just need to practice. If anyone wants to share their hints .........if you want to keep your secrets is ok. But would love to know!! You wait, I'm gonna practice.......

Comments

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I can't speak for the guys that post quality photos... but I use my DroidX2. lol
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    All my pics come from my Windows7 Phone....don't have a fancy polaroid...lol
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    BigT06:
    I can't speak for the guys that post quality photos... but I use my DroidX2. lol
    here's a camera phone pic of the Ruination I am currently smoking:

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    iPhone4s does all of mine...if you want to go "amateur-professional" I would go with Canon to start and then Nikon once you learn the ropes...IMO.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    iPhone here.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    I use my iPhone most of the time for ease of use, sometimes a Canon powershot, sometimes a Nikon D3000.
  • Options
    joshvoigtjoshvoigt Posts: 325
    Bill Gates dog balls IPhone works just fine
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    I just use my IPhone 4 for quick pictures in the whatcha smoking tonight thread and stuff like that and then for higher quality stuff I use my Canon T2i with 50mm Macro lens. Took this one for a photography contest with the T21 and I'm going to start working on doing more cigar pictures with a light setup and everything because that one was just a quick picture taken on my humidor with natural room light.

Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Nikon D50 and my iPhone 4
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    iPhone is the best phone.
  • Options
    slickricslickric Posts: 705
    iPhone 4