Home General Discussion
Options

Long assh ash pics

Comments

• Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    These really aren't too terribly impressive, but....

Alec Bradley Harvest 1997, sorry for the crappy cell phone pic:

Natural Irish Hops, ash hung on for about another half inch after the picture:

And a Gurkha Symphony, smoked this one just this morning:
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I hope you took that big damn label off the Symphony and smoked that down to a nub. That is one I really like. Although the Bradley looks like it was pretty tasty too. Never had one, how was it?
  • Options
    maimer12maimer12 Posts: 8

Damn! I've been saving my 6 Nubs for the right occasion, but no more after seeing your pics. I send in one of my own soon.

--JT    Denver, CO

• Options
    kaspera79:
    I hope you took that big damn label off the Symphony and smoked that down to a nub. That is one I really like. Although the Bradley looks like it was pretty tasty too. Never had one, how was it?
    Yeah, I always smoke the Symphonies down to the nub man. I love those sticks, I can't decide if the 5 Vegas Gold or the Symphony is my favorite conny. The Harvest '97 is an excellent stick too, I put a little review of what I thought of it in the Habano Tasting Party thread.

Here are a couple of shots of the LVH Corojo I just finished:

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    These are crappy cause they are at night with my cell, but here is a nub stand and an Ashton Classic, then me and smoking pal Andy, then a group of us with Pete Johnson from Tatuaje!

Ashton

Nub Stand

Cigar Meet

Pete Johnson
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    wow, Puro.. in what decade was that last picture taken?
  • Options
    That was last year, and no I'm not the one with the hair! haha Thats my buddy Nick. He is rockin the white boy fro!!! But you have to admit that's a damn nice Nub Stand I pulled off!
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    That was last year, and no I'm not the one with the hair! haha Thats my buddy Nick. He is rockin the white boy fro!!! But you have to admit that's a damn nice Nub Stand I pulled off!
    hell yea it is. it's a shame the picture quality isn't better:(
  • Options
    Hal72Hal72 Posts: 7

My La Aurora Cameroon 1994 smoked outside in the sun. My first since new years eve, so it tasted good:)

http://a7.vox.com/6a00e398b8478c0003011018132c6f860f-pi

• Options
    Vigilante Maduro:

• Options
    woah!!! that may verry well be the willer this thus far!
  • Options
    kevster77kevster77 Posts: 68
    I'm a fairly new cigar smoker, been smokin for about 9 months or so, and only recently was told by my little bro that the ash is supposed to stay on cigar and not flicked off like you would a cigarette. Now the funny thing is I try and keep the ash as long as can, kinda interesting on how long they can get.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    That's right, kev.... the ash helps the burn and acts as an air filter to keep things cooler.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    That's right, kev.... the ash helps the burn and acts as an air filter to keep things cooler.
    in many cases, it is also indicative of good construction.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    kuzi16:
    zoom6zoom:
    in many cases, it is also indicative of good construction.
    And plus it just looks cool
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    The best I could do:

From my CAO Gold

The ash literally fell off seconds after I took this pic.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    love the ccom forum in the background. Nothing like enjoying a cigar infront of the laptop while on the ccom forum.....I think it's kinda like a cyber herf
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    love the ccom forum in the background. Nothing like enjoying a cigar infront of the laptop while on the ccom forum.....I think it's kinda like a cyber herf

A ccom chat room.........cyber herf.......(cue the guinness guys) BRILLIANT!!!!
  • Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    That would make me nervous....very nervous.....
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bbc020:
    this is why my next computer will be a lap top...
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    bbc020:
    LOL. Indeed :)
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    ScottU:
    What, you think Urbi would show up to the chatroom wearing nothing but a smile and cigar ash?
  • Options
    brrrrwaaa i just got a mental picture
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Garen B:
    ScottU:
    What, you think Urbi would show up to the chatroom wearing nothing but a smile and cigar ash?
    lol, I'm wondering why/how you come up with this stuf.... :::cough::::... I posted some picks of some gurkhas with some great ash over in the smoking thread. I should have posted them hear. Got some good ash too.
  • Options
    here we go: Gurkha Blue Steel Torp
  • Options
    How was that Blue Steel? I've seen specials on the several times but haven't heard much about them.
  • Options
    honestly, I wasn't too impressed. after the ash fell I got a huge bitter taste. maybe it needs much more resting time, but even then I wasn't into the taste too much. but I'll try it again in a few months. It started off well though.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    phobicsquirrel:
    Garen B:
    ScottU:
    lol, I'm wondering why/how you come up with this stuf.... :::cough::::...
    I'd like to take this opportunity to disclaim responsibility for any mental images geebee is cooking up. The truth is, I rarely smile.
  • Options
    I'm sure gene could make you smile....
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    honestly, I wasn't too impressed. after the ash fell I got a huge bitter taste. maybe it needs much more resting time, but even then I wasn't into the taste too much. but I'll try it again in a few months. It started off well though.
    I on the other hand liked them very much ( blue steel ).. I do think they will get better with some time, so the others I have (8) will sit for at least six months. You must be comparing them to the higher end Gurkhas, and yes they fall behind those, but still a better than average cigar.