Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What is it?

Comments

• Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    This ones not so hard. We see the larval stage of it on A daily basis.
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    Not A what is it but still A cool photo.

This one was beside my garden this year. Almost walked right into it.
  • Options
    It is the adult of the catipilar that is CvillE's avatar. It is the Royal Walnut Moth, also known as the Regal Moth from the Hickory Horned Devil caterpillar.

• Options
    Let's try something new. what is it?

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    It is the adult of the catipilar that is CvillE's avatar. It is the Royal Walnut Moth, also known as the Regal Moth from the Hickory Horned Devil caterpillar.

Man!! That is one BODACIOUS caterpiggle. Remind me not to mess with CvilleE...
  • Options
    I figured someone would certainly get this one after it was brought up on A earlier what is it.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    This is a fun game. New one looks like a Anole lizard.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:
    I figured someone would certainly get this one after it was brought up on A earlier what is it.
    A turtle/terrapin's eye.

Going back to the garden spider, when I was a kid we had one make a perfect web outisde our kitchen window (the one over the sink with a flourescent light above it - attracted plenty of bugs to keep it fed). It was so damn cool to watch that thing every day up close yet behind glass. We watched it catch wrap and eat bugs, make an egg sack, then pretty much get eaten by the babies (didn't see it happen, but could tell that's what happened).
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    RBeckom:

Thanks for taking the time to help me figure out what this thing was....My kids had played with it when we found it, and showing them this picture over the weekend was very kool.....
  • Options
    Goldy:
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    Goldy:

Incorrect.
  • Options
    Heavy:
    RBeckom:
    A turtle/terrapin's eye.

Going back to the garden spider, when I was a kid we had one make a perfect web outisde our kitchen window (the one over the sink with a flourescent light above it - attracted plenty of bugs to keep it fed). It was so damn cool to watch that thing every day up close yet behind glass. We watched it catch wrap and eat bugs, make an egg sack, then pretty much get eaten by the babies (didn't see it happen, but could tell that's what happened).

I feel the same way about ours. It gets to the point that you hate to see the inevitable happen. That's life though.
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    Heavy:
    RBeckom:
    A turtle/terrapin's eye.

I feel the same way about ours. It gets to the point that you hate to see the inevitable happen. That's life though.

Incorrect on the guess. Good try though.
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    RBeckom:

Thanks for taking the time to help me figure out what this thing was....My kids had played with it when we found it, and showing them this picture over the weekend was very kool.....

Your welcome. It was fun to research.
  • Options
    This one is A little harder so the hint for the day is this:
    Most, but not all, migrate to the Okefenokee swamp every winter.
    (migrate is A key word here.)
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    bluewing teal
  • Options
    What? No photo?
  • Options
    beatnic:
    bluewing teal

Incorrect, but A good guess.
  • Options
    jlmarta:
    What? No photo?

Soon. This one's really cool. The next clue?
    Road kill.
    This should make it easy.
  • Options
    Armadillo
  • Options
    If A feather came my way. What to do? Run away. If I run can I fly? Today I can, I've learned to try. For my food, what can be said? I like it raw, I like it dead.
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    Let's try something new. what is it?

bump
  • Options
    About my bed time. I'll post the answer in the morning.
  • Options
    RBeckom:
    If A feather came my way. What to do? Run away. If I run can I fly? Today I can, I've learned to try. For my food, what can be said? I like it raw, I like it dead.

I figured this hint would give it away. This buzzard hatch-ling was in A barn on some of my hunting land. Small but potent comes to mind. At the time this photo was taken I had no idea that A buzzards self defense mechanism is to regurgitate carrion. After that incident I was careful to give these birds A wide personal space.
  • Options
    What is it?

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    **** toad
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    **** toad

Incorrect, but I can see where you got your idea from. This one is misleading.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to say a moth's wing.
  • Options
    Heavy:
    I'm going to say a moth's wing.

Incorrect. Again this photo is intentionally misleading.
  • Options
    Its a cigar ash