Home General Discussion
Options

Good, Great, and Ridiculously Awesome Cigar Deals You've Purchased

A thread to talk about some of the good, great, and ridiculously awesome deals you've made

- 10 man o war Ruination for $30

- 10 Diesel Unholy Cocktail for $25

- 5 La Aurora Preferido no. 2 Maduro for $24 dollars (I have done this a total of 5 times now)

I've been really happy with those purchases, but my cigar obsession is still in its infancy - I am sure that I will get even better ones in the future.

Comments

• Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Generaly we try not to advertise for any of the competitor sites on this forum. Sounds like you have go some good deals though.
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    noted, and edited.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    oldsoulrevival:
    noted, and edited.
    +1 good job! This is THE best forum around and we don't want to do any damage to the boys at ccom. They sound like some incredible deals though
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    oldsoulrevival:
    noted, and edited.
    +1 good job! This is THE best forum around and we don't want to do any damage to the boys at ccom. They sound like some incredible deals though
    The Preferidos and Ruinations have been running constantly for the past few weeks on cigarspringsale.... I have to stop myself from buying more. I have enough of them! hahaha
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I got an Oliva V robusto for free from my B&M. Then again I did buy a whole box of LP9s 20 minutes earlier.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently picked up 10 Ruinations in the robusto #2 size for 32$ and a 10 pack of pueble dominican for 27$ on sprint sale. But I think one of my best was one of my first purchases from ccom. 5 Cohiba churchills and 5 RP vintage1990 and a 10 count herfador for 49$.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do B&M's count? Here in So cal. there are hundereds of smoke/head shops. If i see a cigar sign, I'll check it out. Never under estimate what some of these hole in the wall cigarette shops might carry. Also, I always ask for their "private stash". I got an opusx #4 and an ESG for $10 once. ($10 for both). Another time, a handful of 2005 AVO domaines for $20. (handful was x8)
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd have to say the best deal I've run across lately was from Cigar.com toward the end of last year. Can't remember what magazine I found this little deal in but it was for 10 really nice "top shelf" cigars like Cohibas, Partagas, R&J, etc, and a 40ct humidor all for I think $25. Also picked up 10 Puro Authenticos around the same time frame for $30.

But then again, almost all my cigars were purchased on deals like these. I don't buy anything unless it's on sale! EVERYTHING eventually goes on sale!
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Do B&M's count? Here in So cal. there are hundereds of smoke/head shops. If i see a cigar sign, I'll check it out. Never under estimate what some of these hole in the wall cigarette shops might carry. Also, I always ask for their "private stash". I got an opusx #4 and an ESG for $10 once. ($10 for both). Another time, a handful of 2005 AVO domaines for $20. (handful was x8)
    WOW!!! Those do sound like some good deals!
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    WOW!!! Those do sound like some good deals!
  • Options
    My favorite so far was the Cyber Monday special last year as I got to experience some sticks that are normally way out of my price range.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    I wanna travel to the shops you goto....
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    danielzreyes:
    I wanna travel to the shops you goto....
    You drive by them everyday. You know,Smoke/head shops. With the bongs and what not. You'd be surprise what some of them actually have. You ever visit Zigari cigars aka Cigar Haven in Ontario?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    A few...

box of gurkha beautys for 250, box of work of art maduros for 150, box of opus x **** for 275, box of opus lost city double robusto's for 155. That's the best I've got. I can't remember on singles or samplers though. Too many too remember.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    A few...

box of gurkha beautys for 250, box of work of art maduros for 150, box of opus x **** for 275, box of opus lost city double robusto's for 155. That's the best I've got. I can't remember on singles or samplers though. Too many too remember.
    opus x **** for 275? I hate you
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    lcpleel:
    phobicsquirrel:
    A few...

opus x **** for 275? I hate you
    I can never find anything on a good deal boxwise
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost embarrassed to mention it because it'll sound like I'm gloating but I scored a box of Gurkha Black Dragon churchills with a fancy leather box that was lined with a crushed velour-like fabric for $35. Included a 5-stick collector's tin and free shipping.

It was a typo error on the part of the seller - a competitor who had treated a number of us like country cousins - and I think a few other BORKs were able to avail themselves of the deal before it got pulled. It was intended to sell for $350 but they left off a zero.

Needless to say, I was pleased.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    6 A. Turrent triple plays for $5.99.
  • Options
    i had a 5 pack of cohiba robustos in a cool sliding glass case for $15
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just got 5 oliva V 2011 maduro toros for 25.00 shipped, 10 box sells for atleast 80
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    lcpleel:
    lol
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    southport large humi $40.85
    god of fire robusto tobos 4 pack $55.89
    Camacho P.E 5 sampler w/case $46.54
    cao gold maduro corona box $39.99
    2 R&J edicion limitada 6 cigar sampler w/pen $57.95
  • Options
    lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    Pardon 64 anniversary singles for 7.50 ea
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    jlmarta:
    Almost embarrassed to mention it because it'll sound like I'm gloating but I scored a box of Gurkha Black Dragon churchills with a fancy leather box that was lined with a crushed velour-like fabric for $35. Included a 5-stick collector's tin and free shipping.

It was a typo error on the part of the seller - a competitor who had treated a number of us like country cousins - and I think a few other BORKs were able to avail themselves of the deal before it got pulled. It was intended to sell for $350 but they left off a zero.

Needless to say, I was pleased.
    I was able to "score" the same deal though it took many emails and getting the BBB involved we did enventually prevail
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    415:
    lcpleel:
    lol
    That one made me chuckle.
  • Options
    Just got 10 Padilla Dominus Torpedos for 35 bucks
  • Options
    2 years ago I ordered a single gran habano vintage 2002 from ccom...for $3.32.... They accidentally shipped me a whole mazzo! Thanks ccom! Been a loyal customer ever since!
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    OchoZacho:
    415:
    lcpleel:
    lol

I think I remember that one!

Best deal ever was a box of Padilla 1926 Churchill for $115. Still have half of them. Trying to let them age, but its about the only Churchill I like!
  • Options
    DSWarmack:
    OchoZacho:
    415:
    lcpleel:
    lol

Best deal ever was a box of Padilla 1926 Churchill for $115. Still have half of them. Trying to let them age, but its about the only Churchill I like!
    ryan padron?
  • Options
    DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    lcpleel:
    DSWarmack:
    OchoZacho:
    415:
    lcpleel:
    lol

ryan padron?
    yeah, I hate this phone.