Home Non Cigar Related

Favorite Kung Fu Movies

Are you guys into Kung Fu Movies? List your favorites.
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Hero

Classic
Duel to the Death
Iron Monkey
Once Upon a Time in China
Enter the Dragon

Funny
Kung Fu Hustle

Anime
Ninja Scroll

And WTF?????
Drunken Wu Tang(yes renamed for publicity of the rap group Wu Tang Clan, the series of the movies has nothing to do with the rap group) aka Taoism Drunkard - This movie is like WTF is going on and is funny as hell with non stop action.

Comments

• RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Any Bruce Lee films. He was the master of Kung Fu.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaolin Soccer
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Used to love Kung FU Theater late Sat nights. recently I liked the Ip Man movies.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Some of Jackie Chans old ones are great. But Kung Fu Hustle was amazing along with Rumble in the Bronx.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kung Fu Panda!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    More into stuff like Sonny Chiba's The Street Fighter films, and Bruce Lee stuff than the Shaw Brothers style stuff. That said, I am completely obsessed with Samurai films (everything from the classic, more artistically inclined Kurosawa and Masaki Kobayashi, to the straight up action and humor of Zatoichi, Hanzo the Razor, and Lone Wolf and Cub), so much so that I spent a good while learning Iaido and Tameshigiri, and still do some from time to time when I need to clear my head.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I watched Ip Man a couple weeks ago and really liked it.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a serious note one of my favorite movies ever is the old mini series Shogun, love that movie and I've read the book at least 4 times.
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    curse of the golden flower!!
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Drunken Master, The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin, Fists of Fury, Clan Of The White Lotus, Enter the Dragon, The Invincible Armour, The One-Armed Swordsman, zatoichi
  • jr_p951:
    I watched Ip Man a couple weeks ago and really liked it.
    Ip Man is an awesome movie, check out part two as well. Its on Netflix
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    13 Samurais! awesome takashi miike movie
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    docbp87:
    More into stuff like Sonny Chiba's The Street Fighter films, and Bruce Lee stuff than the Shaw Brothers style stuff. That said, I am completely obsessed with Samurai films (everything from the classic, more artistically inclined Kurosawa and Masaki Kobayashi, to the straight up action and humor of Zatoichi, Hanzo the Razor, and Lone Wolf and Cub), so much so that I spent a good while learning Iaido and Tameshigiri, and still do some from time to time when I need to clear my head.
    Nice man! +
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Liked old Shaolin Master movie, there was an old one don't know the name 7 different skills/warriors scorpion, tiger, toad, etc anyone know?
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...