Home General Discussion
Options

labels

Question: I have started collecting the cigar labels from all the cigars I have smoked (and will smoke) this year. What is the best way to remove stubborn cigars labels. I am flatten them to make a mosaic table top with all the labels. Arturo Fuente and Gurkha brands are the worst labels to remove.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dont try to remove until you hare about 1/2 way through the cigar. the glue is warm and less sticky
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'd go beyond that even...I've been removing my bands recently when the burn line gets to within 1/4-1/2 inch of the label... At least on the trickier ones, some just come right off with no fuss (Padron).
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Welcome to the board Calvin....I don't even mess with trying to take mine off untill about a half inch or closer anymore.....the heat makes it easy at that point
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Been doing the same thing Calvin. Usually I pick at it before I light the cigar, don't fret too much if the label tears a bit, if it tears too much, it's just another excuse to go out and buy another cigar :). Work a corner, then go around and lift the entire flap up till you hit glue, then be really careful to not tear it, if it starts to tear, smoke it till you are near the band and then try to lift it off, should be fairly easy by then.

Post a pic of you table when your finally done with it!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I smoke my labels. jk

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    A few words of advice from my experience:

1. Ash before you fiddle with the label, otherwise you may get it in your lap (at least, this has happened to me moe than once)
    2. Try to slide the label off before you light it. Sometimes it will just slide right off.
    3. I have had an over-glued label stick to the wrapper on the cigar. Wait as long as you can in this case. I've waited until the cherry is right on the label, and by that point it usually comes off. If not, you haven't ruined the entire cigar.