Home General Discussion

Looking for suggestions

Since I dont have alot of experience in cigars I am looking for suggestions on what kind of cigars to try next I like the milder ones as my palate is still developing. Like to smoke with a little sipping whiskey. I realize this is all to personal taste but what do you recommend to a noob.

Comments

• deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Man O War Virtue was a great stick to start out with, flavorfull yet mild.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    deejmemixx:
    Man O War Virtue was a great stick to start out with, flavorfull yet mild.
    +1 also try perdomo lot 23, extremely smooth!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Gurkha Park Ave, Morro Castle, Tatuaje Cabaiguan are a few that come to mind as well.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    Gurkha Park Ave, Morro Castle, Tatuaje Cabaiguan are a few that come to mind as well.
    +1 on the Morro castle my go to, like the tat tooooo.
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    For my money, the Ashton Classic is one of the best mild cigars on the market.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NUB line. If you can tolerate the sizes.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    Jim1130:
    Since I dont have alot of experience in cigars I am looking for suggestions on what kind of cigars to try next I like the milder ones as my palate is still developing. Like to smoke with a little sipping whiskey. I realize this is all to personal taste but what do you recommend to a noob.
    As a new guy myself I have to agree with the recommendations about the Man O War Virtue, one of my faves. And also the Perdomo line. Both excellent choices for us new guys.
  • 5 Vegas Gold and Gold Maduro are cheap but great. Also suggest getting the House label sampler so you can get a feel for different flavor profiles.
  • Seems like Man O War gets a lot of love around here...what flavors/smells/characteristics make it so?  Gonna have to try myself with such a huge following.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Personally, I always recommend the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Maduro to new smokers. It's one of my all time favorite cigars, and its phenomenal construction, mild-medium bodied flavor/power really set the bar for what all other cigars should be compared to. It's just over 6 dollars, and I enjoy it is just as good as many cigars twice its price.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    setilsn4:
    Seems like Man O War gets a lot of love around here...what flavors/smells/characteristics make it so?  Gonna have to try myself with such a huge following.

Their Man O War Tin Sampler is smoking great right now. Rich flavors throughout the lines represented.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    ive heard good things about the MoW Virtue and if i had the money i'd get the 5 pack they have on the daily deal right now, I personally like CAO cigars, only one i havent liked that ive had is the Mx2 but i'd be willing to have another go at one if the price was right.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I really like the Gurkha Shaggy Natural. Mild - Medium with tons of flavor
  • slickricslickric Posts: 705
    xIcedGuardianx:
    5 Vegas Gold and Gold Maduro are cheap but great. Also suggest getting the House label sampler so you can get a feel for different flavor profiles.
    i agree 100%. what have you had so far that you liked?
  • Jim1130Jim1130 Posts: 13
    I am with you on the mow...gonna go see if they have it at the b& m and try it
  • Jim1130Jim1130 Posts: 13
    Tried the ashton classic loved it. It's now my favorite till my next cigar....