Home Non Cigar Related

First Superbowl......

Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
is it on this weekend??

if it is i will be recording it and watching it a few days later at some point, as it will be played in the middle of the night sort of thing over here and ill have work early the next morning. so want to do it properly and devote a whole day to it.

so yer, no spoilers in threads without it displayed in the title guys :P

Comments

• deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    I would stay away from the following items until you watch it.
    The INTERNET, T.V, YOUR PHONE, THE INTERNET. I for one may be the first to private message you the score..... totally joking :D
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    I would stay away from the following items until you watch it.
    The INTERNET, T.V, YOUR PHONE, THE INTERNET. I for one may be the first to private message you the score..... totally joking :D
    lol you would think wouldnt you, but in the uk its a complete non event, it might get a 30 second slot on the news but that will be it.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Game should be a good one; commercials are (almost) always the funniest/entertaining ones of the year
    who is doing the half time show??
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At Super Bowl XLVI on Sunday, Madonna will play "three old songs and one new one," she announced at a press conference in Indianapolis. There are also reports that a championship football game will be played between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots.

There's little doubt as to what the new Madonna song will be: Madge released her new single Give Me All Your Luvin' with Nicky Minaj and MIA on Friday, teasing it with a clip of her new video on Thursday night's American Idol. Both Minaj and MIA announced they would perform alongside the 53-year-old Material Girl on Sunday, cannily bridging any generation gap between headliner and target demographic.

But most fans will probably want to know what familiar songs she plans to perform in her 12-minute set. The diva's lips are sealed. At the Thursday press conference, Madonna said she's saving that surprise. It's hardly a borderline move: Sunday's will likely be the biggest one-time crowd of her career. Last year's Super Bowl attracted 111 million US viewers, the largest ever US audience for a single TV broadcast.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2012/feb/03/super-bowl-madonna-minaj-mia?newsfeed=true
    cheers dude,
    is it poor etiquette to get up in the half time show announce 'well this is sh*t, I'm going for a pi*s' and leave the room?
    lol
    I never watch the half-time show; it's jsut an excuse to go to the bathroom, and get more beer/chips for me. Even if the game is a blow-out, stick around for the commercials
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Good luck trying to NOT hear the results of that game.. Hope you get to enjoy it .
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    sol1821:
    is it poor etiquette to get up in the half time show announce 'well this is sh*t, I'm going for a pi*s' and leave the room?

With the way half time shows have been in the past few years, it's poor etiquette to sit and watch it. I wish they'd go back to a normal half time.
    just got a call from work, they wanted to change my shifts so i dont work tomorrow, going to get my head down for 2 hours kip now and then its on. ill be staying up till 4 in the morning to watch it live
    Hope you're enjoying this one Sol - it's a pretty good, close game, just about as good as they get. But the commercials aren't up to the usual funniness standard, except for the Dorito's commercials IMO
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Since you don't want to know who wins, best not to look at who got the most points in the game...it's a dead giveaway once you know that info.....just sayin :) p.s. glad you were/are able to watch it live...hope the game is working for you
    well that was excellent. came right down to the wire.
    Yup; a damn fine superbowl, even if the commercials weren't up to par
    i was watching on the bbc so no comercials for me as the bbc is paid for by the public so they dont advertise on there. any good ones worth searching for on youtube?
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    yep the Fiat commercial.
    Budweiser used to have the funniest, but this year was pretty lame. The ones you wanna see: Dorito's commercials; the adidas sneaker commercial, M&M commercial.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I hated that Bud didn't do one with just the Clydesdales.